Peeling hardboiled eggs

I saw this on another newsgroup and thought people here would find it useful
HOW TO PEEL A HARDBOILED EGG WITH AN AXE :
In my retirement , I am sometimes asked by neighbors how to solve certain problems they have run into. I do my best. One of the more recent problems was put to me by a neighbor who loved hardboiled eggs, but only had an axe available to peel it with. After some study, I have come up with the following procedure :
First , holding the egg in your left hand and the axe in your right, set the egg on a hard surface.
Then, with the flat side of the axe, gently tap the egg on the equator, cracking the shell gently.
Rotate the egg, and continue this until the eggshell has been slightly cracked around it’s full circumference.
Now, rotate the axe until the blade edge is facing the egg. Gently pry a piece of the cracked eggshell away from the egg.
Rotate the egg, and continue this until the entire shell has been flaked off....
You now have a perfectly peeled hardboiled egg.... You can also use the blade to slice the egg, if that is your preference. Personally, I like to switch to a machete for this, as it has a better “feel”...
On the other hand if you don’t have an axe handy, or cannot afford one, you can use your right hand instead for this procedure.....

<snip> I'm intrigued. But can you de-feather a chicken with the same method?
--
Tegger

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 14:17:59 -0700 (PDT), Robert

I want to try this, but I'm a little concerned whether to use a 6 string Axe or a 12 string axe? Will a Bass axe work too, even if it only had 4 strings?
On Apr 5, 10:12 pm, snipped-for-privacy@internet.com wrote:

I'd try the 12 string since it could be used for slicing later.
But the Bass should be rolled in corn meal and fried.....
Everbody knows that !!!
On 4/6/2013 1:11 AM, snipped-for-privacy@internet.com wrote:

Yu shudnt even have to ax dat.
Robert wrote:

I saw a video on how to peel a hard boiled egg with duct tape. I'm wondering if you can use WD-40 to fry an egg as well.
With a butane lighter in the other hand? Spray WD makes some wicked flame. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
Robert wrote:

I saw a video on how to peel a hard boiled egg with duct tape. I'm wondering if you can use WD-40 to fry an egg as well.
On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 11:06:27 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"

Of course not[*]. It'll dry it out! ;-)
[*] boiling point is too low.

For what it's worth, I tried the hard boiled egg - duct tape process on a half dozen eggs.
When it works, it works great. 4 of the 6 eggs peeled as cleanly as shown in the video.
One of the other two had gotten too sweaty for the duct tape to adhere sufficiently.
The other one was one of those eggs where the shell was stuck to the egg so strongly that most of the egg stayed in the shell and about that was left outside was the yolk. I did managed to scrap most of the white out of the busted up shell, but it was still a mess.
All in all, the process works fairly well. The trick is definitely to make sure that you have full adhesion between the tape and shell.