Peel & stick flooring

I just put down a beautiful black "marble" like flooring..peel and stick squares. I have read the box twice, to see if I could find the info. What can I clean this floor with? It is like walking on ice..even in bare feet I slip & slide. Its very pretty, but could be quite dangerous(LOL) any idea on how to get it not so slippery? thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe if you read the box a third time...? ;)
Anything you do to take down the slipperiness is going to take off the sheen, which most likely will not happen as uniformly as you'd like. In other words ya might muck it up. Find an inconspicuous place and hit it up with some 220 grit wet/dry sandpaper, used wet. Wipe it off, let it dry and see if you approve of the results. You could also use some car rubbing compound.
Of course you could leave it, take a fall, break your neck and sue the manufacturer. Then you'll have enough money to put in a real black marble floor and hire a full time employee to keep it clean. Oh, when breaking your own neck, endeavor not to die - it'll ruin your lawsuit...at least for you.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You could try some wax products. "Wax" may actually make it less slippery. Try it on a small area, ideally under something, first.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
<snip>

Exactly what I would do. Any Johnson Wax product lke Mop 'N Glo will work just fine. HTH
Joe
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Have you tried washing it with a strong household detergent? Perhaps there is some coating on it from production? What mfg./line is it?