Peanut Butter Recall

Page 2 of 3

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 02:33:45 GMT, "Mike Dobony"

I went to a local store and got the last jar of JIF they had. There was no Skippy on the shelves.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Okay, why do you have 6 jars a PB in the first place? Second, I always buy JIF, so I don't care.
Add pictures here
βœ–

We found out it's the other brand that has #2111 on the lid. Bring the entire jar back to the store. The "good" stores will give you money back.
Recall Information: “Great Value” brand with product code # 2111 should be discarded or returned. “Peter Pan” brand purchased after May 2006 should be thrown away or returned. Salmonella information: Salmonella is a bacteria spread by eating or drinking contaminated food or water or by contact with infected people or animals. Salmonella symptoms include: fever, vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. Unlike a virus, salmonella symptoms come on quick, 12 to 72 hours.
A co-worker had Peter Pan on crackers and I ate some BEFORE we found out about the recalls. GAWD!!!! Did I worry, but didn't get sick.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I had the diarrhea,lower back ache,and fever/chills.Thought it was a kidney infection,before I heard about the PB problem,and checked my jar lid. #2111!

If it was the jars and not the contents that were contaminated,then you could eat quite a bit before encountering the tainted PB,that was in contact with the jar inside.It also depends on how much of a bacterial load you consume.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I had 4 jars (ALL #2111) and had eaten some from one. I read somewhere that symptoms of salmonella usually show up 12 to 48 hours eating the infected food. I'm at about 28 now.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
βœ–
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:41:22 -0600, Mark Lloyd

To get a refund, consumers should send lids with their names and addresses to ConAgra Foods, P.O. Box 3768, Omaha, NE 68103. For more information, call (866) 344-6970 or visit ConAgra's Web site at http://www.conagrafoods.com
Add pictures here
βœ–

kidney
load
What qualifications does Teddy have that the scientists do not? Why has nobody received the $250,000 reward for giving one single objective, testable piece of evidence proving any point of evolution?
Add pictures here
βœ–
My wife stocks up on some things when they are on sale.
You guessed it, 6 jars all have 2111. Had one jar of JIF for the grandson.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

I had one jar W-M "Great Value" PB,had eaten part of it before(wondered why I kept getting loose bowels) and last week got really sick,symptoms were like a kidney infection. Urine test did not show any bacterial infection,though.Now I'm on Keflex antibiotic for a week.
I will say Imodium AD works REALLY WELL;stopped me up for 3 days.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Chuckle- BTDT (or should I say, BTDDT?) Just had a bout myself, not from peanut butter, but from a bottle of fruit-flavored water sweetened with that Splenda crap. Meant to buy plain, didn't even occur to me the machine had anything else in it, didn't bend down far enough to read the bottle label through the glass on the front of the machine. I appear to be in the 'small percentage' of people who experience bad side effects from the stuff. Nothing like Pepto Bismol for an early breakfast around 0300 the next day. It worked, after the second dose, but now things are too far the other direction.
I guess this is good practice for that roto-rooter test the doc has been nagging me to have........
aem sends...
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:11:10 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

My sister is head of the team that will be fielding calls in Omaha come Monday. They are expecting 100 calls a day but prepared for 300. She is with the insurance company, but they will be working in ConAgra's offices.
--Andy Asberry-- ------Texas-----
Add pictures here
βœ–
Stormin Mormon wrote:

For some reason, last time I bought pb it was Peter Pan. Always buy Jiff crunchy. Just checked my almost empty jar, and it is part of the 2111 batch. I don't refrigerate pb, and it's been in the cupboard quite some time.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'll probably be getting JIF next time.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
βœ–
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Salmonella can be killed by 120°F. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid $4084
Boil your PB. You should be okay.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:11:10 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

I found one. I only use peanut butter that's 100% peanuts, but my wife has an affinity for peanut butter with fillers. Oh my pregnant wife, so she, and baby, could have been doomed.
Anyone know the real likelihood of getting infected from using it?
tom @ www.YourMoneyMakingIdeas.com
Add pictures here
βœ–

50-50. You either do or you don't.
(Onset time is usually in the 12-72 hour range, from what I can find. If it's been more than 3 days since you got rid of the suspect food, you're probably fine.)
Add pictures here
βœ–

"You either do or you don't" is true my IN NO WAY implies 50-50.
You either got sent to the moon yesterday or you didn't.

It's been more than 3 days since I ate some PB from that "#2111" jar.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
βœ–

I love your math, I wished it worked for me.
I try and win the Powerball jackpot, and figure, using your system, I have a 50-50 chance. Either I win, or I don't. However it seems like a have a 1 in Gazbilliontrillion chance. ;)
tom @ www.YourMoneySavingTips.com
Add pictures here
βœ–

What do they use for "fillers" in PB ?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Sugar and oil, but I'd not call them fillers. Using 100% peanuts does not mean it will not be contaminated either.
Add pictures here
βœ–