Patio Expansion and Cover -- comments please

Hello all,
Our concrete patio is currently about 10'x10x and we hope to make it more like 15'x12'x plus add a cover. We live in Central Texas (just outside of Austin) and we were wondering if our budget of $2000 sounds reasonable to have this done. We're not looking for anything fancy, just a basic cover that will keep us under shade and something that we might be able to attach an outdoor ceiling fan to.
Just checking if we have budgeted too low or if anyone has suggestions for a possible DYI kit for such a project.
Thanks --
Alex

It all depends on the materials you pick. Overall you have 180 SF of cover and 80SF of new floor and 180SF of flooring material.
If you just expand the floor using concrete you mix yourself that won't cost much (say $250 including mixer rental) leaving you $1750 or just under $10 per SF to buy cover material. If you want more than a very simple floor, you'll have to split the budget. If you don't go overboard with premium materials, you can fit it in.
A post and beam Arbor style frame with canvas cover material or even a full hard roof with shingles should be within reach. You will have nothing for labor though.
I would make a simple concrete floor and stain it for now with the intention of covering with some stone (flagstone, slate, pavers, whatever) later.