Painting wallplates?

We have about 15 tan wallplates that we would like to be white, what's the best way to paint them that won't chip off after a while and look horrible?
buy new white plates they are cheap bought by a big package.
what color is the switch part, or receptable part? if they are different it will look strange.
switches and outlets can be changed pretty cheap like a buck a piece

They are coaxial / phone line combo plates, I bought them off the internet and I don't want to spend double for shipping them back or buying more.
I forget what company but there is a spray paint made for plastic. It also works really good. Go to your local harware store and ask them.
--

---------------------------------------
Brian Dye

Use spray paint. What kind I don't know. Do it outdoors, far enough from everything that the paint won't drift over to a car or house etc. Even then do it on a calm day, over wide newspapers.

krylon for plastic at walmart

Buy more, sell the ones you have on eBay.
--
Regards,
Schism wrote:

Hi, Paint? Why bother?, new plate with color of your choice; Ivory, Off white, etc. will cost a few cents each.

Why not just buy white wall plates? They cost all of maybe fifty cents each.
--
Regards,