painting vinyl

Has anyone been installing and painting exterior vinyl products(molding, sashes, etc.) long enough to know about the durability of the finishes. Exterior latexes and solid stains look great when the job is finished, but what about 5+ years later?

I did some trim about 8+ years ago and it still looks very good. I had to repaint some wood done with the same paint that did not hold up as well.
latex, solid stains on vinyl.................never!
use acrylic paint only should be sprayed on, not brushed or rolled and yes it is still paint so it should have a fresh coat every 3 to 5 years. kinda defeats the purpose of having vinyl.......don't you think?
| Has anyone been installing and painting exterior vinyl | products(molding, sashes, etc.) long enough to know about the | durability of the finishes. Exterior latexes and solid stains look | great when the job is finished, but what about 5+ years later? |

Wandering down the paint aisle at Home Despot last week, I noticed a bunch of spray paints whose labels said "For Plastic". Might've been from Rustoleum. Might be worth a look.
As far as I know paint on vinyl last a very long time.
My brother painted his blue vinyl house white 19 years ago and to this day it still looks great.
It looks like white vinyl siding.
The trick is to wash it first and use 100% acrylic paint.
On 25 Feb 2007 05:42:57 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

When they painted my car a different color, didn't they paint my vinyl bumpers? (I wish I had thought about that or I might have stayed with the same color, so I hope my bumper does half as well as your house.

What do I use to think car paint, acrylic i suppose, if I need to touch up? I paid extra for 5 oz. of matching paint.

On 24 Feb 2007 20:33:42 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

My advice is to scuff sand the vinyl, then power wash. Let it dry 1 complete day.
Make your first coat an oil primer.
Your finish coat should be 100% waterborne acrylic latex paint.
Don