Painting tar paper

I have an unfinished garage, 2X4s and tar paper.
I just want to lighten it up a bit, can I paint the tar paper? Any reason not to?
thanks
--

- Charles
-

errrrr are you from central Mississippi?

- Charles
-
-does not play well with others
Sure it will look great use a few coats of sealer and hope it doesnt blead through, If it does try a different type, and hope it doesnt blead. If it does , well you tried.
It also depends some on how old the tarpaper is. It will dry our some with age, particularly if exposed to the air. I've seen older paper take paint reasonably well. It doesn't look super due to some bleeding thru, but if you're just looking to get it to look a little brighter in the garage, it may be acceptable.
Try a small area first to see what you get.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 01:56:45 GMT, "mwlogs"

the tar paper and the wood. Second coat should cure that. If this all turns bad I'm going to sue the Internet for the price of the paint.
<:-)
--

- Charles
-