blacktop sealer on tar and gravel?

Can you use blacktop sealer on a tar and gravel parking lot? Here's the thing, I had a gallon of paint thinner tip over in back of my truck, leaked out onto a tar and gravel parking lot, tried washing it of with TSP, all that did is make the pavement around it look cleaner and make stain look worse, what it did is desolve the oils in the tar and gravel and bring them to the surface so I have a 2' wide by 10' long black stain on a parking lot. Lot is only about 30'x60' so not a big deal to do with the sealer, but don't know if is usable on the old tar and gravel type stuff.

Reply to
Greg

"Blacktop", if you mean asphaltic cement, *is* (petroleum) tar and gravel, just factory mixed instead of sprayed on at the site like the old Macadam process. If you have some ancient coal tar, instead of petroleum tar, then for this purpose it will behave the same. Sealer is just asphalt emulsion, which should work.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch