Painting Outdoor Pressure Treated Wood: Doable ?

Hello:
Regarding outdoor Pressure Treated Wood Painting: Is it practical to do so ?
What type of paint should I use over pressure treated wood ?
- e.g., oil or latex best ?
- What brand(s) best ?
- Primer required ?
Anything special involved ?
How about staining rtather than painting ? Brands, etc., if doable ?
Thanks, Bob

Stain, rather than paint. Paint seals moisture into the wood whereas stain allows it to breathe somewhat.
Make sure you let the wood sit for a year before staining as PT lumber is typically very, very wet when you get it.
I'm with Balderstone on this -- stain is much preferable to paint.
If you insist on paint, wait a couple years till the wood dries.
Oil is best to use, yes it needs priming, and you need to let it "age" appropriately. PT wood can be difficult to keep painted until it's a couple of years old, depending on the type of PT used. Your yard where you purchase it would be the best place to ask, IMO.
HTH,
Pop

I'll give a 3rd vote for stain. FYI - You can get stain in 'solid color'. It will allow a wider aray of color choices, even whites IIRC. See http://www.nam.sikkens.com/product-colors.cfm?product_id &product_categoryck or http://www.cabotstain.com/shared_frames.cfm?area=colors&cabot=1

Yeah, that's preferable to paint also.