painting bricks

when I moved in the bricks were painted I HATE PAINTING if there a effective way to remove the paint with out destroying the brick I live 1.5 from the beach on the Ms gulf coast and I have to repaint after almost every HURRICANE we have

Reply to
wxfreqrs

Each case is unique. How old is the structure?

I had an older home which had been painted. I stripped all I could off with a chemical striper (lye and corn starch as I recall) long hard job on a

2½ story large home. Then I carefully sand blasted with low pressure the little remaining paint and the old dirt and grime that they had painted over. That was an all summer project. I'm glad I did it and I am glad I was a lot younger when I did it.
Reply to
Joseph Meehan

you can have it media blasted.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

house built early 60's painted about 81 or so I moved in in 85 and about every 5 years I paint, except since 2000 I have painted every year I vowed not this year will look into stripping it off thanks

Reply to
wxfreqrs

ok will goggle that

Reply to