Painting an interior door frame

A question for experienced painters here: when painting a room, how do you handle the color transition at an interior door. Assuming the adjacent room is a different color, what line do you paint to on the door frame. Let's assume the door swings toward the room being painted. Do you paint up to the door stop molding? Do you paint the edge of the door stop molding that the door contacts? Or do you not paint the door frame at all and just paint the wall molding? Is there a right and wrong way to do this?

Thanks,

-- Bill Pounds

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

Conventionally, the door and all its trim is the same color; i.e., wall one color, door & trim another. Next most common = door one color (often same as room), all door trim another color.

You can - of course - do whatever turns you on.

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Greetings fellow woodturner,

Most of the homes we paint, the door and jamb are some shade of off white, so we just paint up to the door moulding. If you are painting the jambs the same as the wall color I would paint up to the point that the door stop moulding meets the door so all the jamb and mouldings on that side of the door are the same color as the wall.

Have fun,

Craig McCormick

cm

Thanks Craig, I think that is what I have done before, painting up to the inside corner of the door stop moulding, on the door side of the casing. One side of the door will be one color, the other side another, and this way when the door is closed you will only see the room color scheme on each side. And I guess that looks right when the door is open too.

Incidentally, the DC motor and control is still working great on my lathe. How many years has that been?

-- Bill Pounds

Pounds on Wood