Painted Stucco siding help needed

I have what is commonly referred to as a "foam home". Studded walls with sheets of Styrofoam attached and then painted stucco on the outside of the Styrofoam. They tell me it would be very expensive to first attach sheets of plywood and then attach new vinyl siding.

I want to repaint or re-apply this stucco type material. I remember when we moved in over 20 years ago, there was a pail left over. It has since disappeared and I don't remember what it is exactly called.

Does anyone have or know of how I can find some information on this type of siding material. I have been told this kind of house is popular in Arizona.

Many thanks for any help on the subject

Mark

Reply to
Mark W

Why not just repaint with high quality latex

Reply to
mark Ransley

Ahhh... Wonderful faux stucco. :)

There are a number of class-action suits on products of this type. It's called EIFS, and a Google will get you quite a bit of information. Try this for starters:

As for repair, it's basically just regular stucco. A standard dash coat will cover it, and you can always paint it. You may need a masonry primer, but any decent paint store in your area can advise on your specific situation.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran