Paint roller patterns? ? ?

I'm repainting a ceiling, and for some reason I can't get rid of a kind of washboard roller-pattern. No matter how many coats I put on, in certain light, I can see the pattern.
It's driving me crazy. Any suggestions welcome.
its kind of unclear exactly what you are describing, but heres a few suggestions:
make sure you arent just seeing dryer and wetter spots. let it all dry a couple days. dont roll it so much. especially roll the paint on, and move on. definitely dont go over it again. try a different brand/type of roller if you didnt use primer on the ceiling to begin with, its time. stop staring at it and you probably wont notice it.
randy

Thanks -- good advice.

of
Randy -- I just replied to your posting thanking you. But I have a couple of other questions:
1. Is it possible to put too many coats of paint on a ceiling and cause it to start dropping plaster? Paint is pretty heavy, after all.
2. Would Zinsser's 1-2-3 Bullseye water-based primer do the job?
-- Ray

of

kind
certain
Ray Jenkins wrote:

It's possible to get the plaster good and wet. Before you get to that, then you should go, find something else to do for a day. Let it dry. A couple days if you can't kick open windows and doors and let air flow. A fan never hurts.
"Paint is heavy" ... not when you spread it around.
Paint the W.
Ray Jenkins wrote:

It sounds as if the roller isn't loaded with paint evenly; i.e., some part of the roller has more paint than the rest and you are transferring that to the work surface. That is easy to do especially with long nap rollers.
Two things you can do... 1. Make sure you load the roller evenly. 2. Apply the paint in a "W" pattern then cross roll to even it out. The "W" acts as a source of paint and is redistributed as you cross roll.
Get the paint on a 3/4 inch roller heavy till it just drips get it on the ceiling heavy but not till it has to much. A five gallon bucket and scrren are best. To much paint no for plaster , no. Maybe cheap paint you are using. Primer not at this point. Wait a few days and put it on heavier and more evenly. overlap when wet dont stop in the middle of job and use top quality paint , it takes practice
<< No matter how many coats I put on, in certain light, I can see the pattern. It's driving me crazy. Any suggestions welcome. >>
There's nothing sacred about rolling on paint as it comes out of the container. Try a dab of water in your latex in the tray, stir thoroughly and see how it applies. A mere tablespoon of H2O might lower the surface tension and thixotropy enough to allow a reasonable spread. I've used this trick for years with total success except for one occasion where I foolishly bought some super bargain paint, which wound up in the trash. HTH
Joe
If its painted its sealed, right ? Probably just need the right equipment, paint and learning
On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 05:09:33 GMT, "Ray Jenkins"

On your final pass always pull or push the roller in the same direction. Seems to help a bit for me. Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+ http://home.attbi.com/~dyrgcmn /