Overflow Tube

After replacing my flapper ball and lift chain, the overflow tube broke off (It's plastic). It looks as if they had used plumbers putty to attach the tube to the base because where it broke off the tube is slightly smaller than the base (yet not enough to fit inside) and there is some tan residue. Can this be re-attached with a sealant. If so, what kind?
Thank you,
Thomas
On Fri, 04 May 2007 12:08:07 -0700, karrithomas wrote:

Just replace the entire water vavle unit. It's one piece, easy to change and will set you back maybe 15 bucks.
--
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007

Don't doink around with it. Buy a full rebuild kit and do it right.
Do it once. Do it right.
Steve
the overflow tube is not part of the water valve unit as you call it.
--
Steve Barker

"Meat Plow" < snipped-for-privacy@meatplow.local> wrote in message
On Fri, 04 May 2007 18:24:21 -0500, Steve Barker wrote:

Been a while let me look...............you're right.
Regardless, that can be replaced.
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
On 4 May 2007 12:08:07 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I see the wisdom of replacing it, but since you asked, PC-7 and probably PC-11 will stick to plastic, and if water starts to cover the joint, will set anyhow. PC-7 will adhere even if the surface is wet to begin with, but you may have to hold the part in place until the epoxy starts to stiffen up. Which you would have to do even if it was dry unless it would stand there on its own, or you could hold it in place somehow.
Now sold in a 1" cardboard tube, but if you can find PC-7 in two 4-oz cans it's a lot cheaper. If you don't let one part touch the other part, and seal it well, it will last at least 10 years, probably much more.
I usuually save up everything I neeed to glue with an epoxy, then mix a larger batch and do them all at once, but that can be tricky since I have to be able to clamp all of them except the last one I can hold in place with my hands. And do it all before the epoxy starts to harden