OVEN CLOCK BROKEN

The significance is that it's self cleaning GE and needs the clock to run the function.
Fuse? Replace clock?
It's another "old one" and I may not be able to get parts.

You can do what I do. ; Our clock broke a few years ago. I just set the oven to go on manually in the clean position, then turn it off four hours later. They wanted $100 for a new clock, this is much cheaper.

timer. I just couldn't figure out how it is possible for the gears to be stripped especially since I hardly ever use the oven.

When I moved into this house, it had an old built-in electric oven. The oven worked fine, but the clock wouldn't keep time. It just made a LOUD sound (UHH...UHH...UHH...UHH...) all the time. I didn't need the clock, so I disconnected it.

Mark Lloyd
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

You're right! That would work perfectly.
Now, all I need to do is get that shield thing to move up again.
Yes, I would love a new oven... But, I'm waiting for one that does everything.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

You're right! That would work perfectly.
Now, all I need to do is get that shield thing to move up again.
Yes, I would love a new oven... But, I'm waiting for one that does everything.
MRS. CLEAN wrote:

This may be crucial.
As one chap said: "My wife doesn't need a watch. There's a clock on the stove!"