Outside air intake

Our furnace at our condo building is set up outside with a small enclosed room above the parking spaces. Can our intake on the furnace suck in exhaust from cars or trucks running in the spots below?

Reply to
Jean Gliedt-Peter

Yes, it is possible.

If you are worried, buy a carbon monoxide detector or two.

Teddy

Air intake for heating or for combustion air? If it is only combustion air it would not be a problem as you don't breath it.

In any case, get a CO detector and be safer.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski