Outlets Don't Work

The other night all of a sudden the outlets in all the bedrooms and half of the living room went out. We checked to see if it was just a blown fuse but that wasn't the case. I know I need to call my landlord to get it fixed, but does anyone know what sounds like happened?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe the outlets are all on one side of a 230 volt feed and that side has gone kaflewey.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Fuses? surely your joking Circuit breakers probably and maybe Arc Faults breakers if new.
Move all of the breakers from one side to the other 2 times. If one has tripped it should reset. If this fails call the landlord.
If it trips right away while your resetting it. Remove everything from the outlets until you find the offending appliance.
... : : Fuses? surely your joking : Circuit breakers probably and maybe Arc Faults breakers if new.
There are tons of fuse boxes left in the US and most other countries too for that matter. I'm surprised it would surprise you. : : Move all of the breakers from one side to the other 2 times. If one has : tripped it should reset. If this fails call the landlord. I don't agree with that: It's more important to make sure you pass the detent, if there is one, when you flip the breaker back on. Multiple switching them won't accomplish much of anything but wasting time, but then it can't hurt much either I guess. ...
Just my opinions;
It's often hard to tell if a fuse or circuit breaker has opened the circuit. If fuses, switch same amperage fuses with others and reset circuit breakers by pushing the handle hard to the off position then back to the on position. If this doesn't work, it's likely you have an open circuit at one of the junction boxes which should be checked by and electrician

Any GFI outlets in the circuit?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

In addition to the good advice you have, check any GFI's and reset them. Look in the kitchen, bath, garage and outdoor outlets.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit