OT Your opinion? Giving someone a ride.

Page 1 of 7
OT Your opinion?
On a 3-day weekend a while back I went to a singles event at a beach front hotel
On Saturday a woman at least 30 y.o. had heard that I lived in the same city she did, and asked me for a ride home on Monday. (Most of those there came from my city or another one.)
I said, "Sure. I drive a convertible."
How should she have interpreted those words?
She didn't say anything about the car in return. Come Sunday, we left at 3 or 4, on a beautiful summer day, and as usual for me, I had the top down. My friend who I came with was in the passenger seat and she and a girlfriend were in the back seat. She asks me to put the top up. I said, "I told you I had a convertible."
I figured, Why would I mention that if I wasn't planning to put the top down? (With the top up, it's like any other car.) She had two days to get a ride with someone else if that was a problem. I would have looked for a ride for her, too.

Maybe she had never rode in the backseat of a convertible before and didn't think it was a problem. If that is the case, she learned something didn't she?
Or, she is a controlling bitch that figured you would obey her demands.
She is 30 y.o. and single, she obviously has issues.
Since there were others in the car, I would've taken a vote to see what the others wanted.
What did you do?
Hank <~~~~~ believes in a democracy

"...obviously has issues..." ????
Disgusting, patronizing, opaque, egotistical. Never heard of a woman aged 30 and single BY PREFERENCE?! You need to widen your macho horizon
[...]
HB

<stuff snipped>

"...obviously has issues..." ????
Disgusting, patronizing, opaque, egotistical. Never heard of a woman aged 30 and single BY PREFERENCE?! You need to widen your macho horizon ================================================= Singles weekends, in my experience, aren't heavily attended by people looking to stay that way. If you rearrange your epithets the first letters spell DOPE. What I don't get about the whole tale of ragtop woe is how did she get there in the first place? Why not go home the same way?
I'm just saying . . . (-:
-- Bobby G.
On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:45:54 -0400, "Robert Green"

I always picked up my women at AA

"...had never ridden"
in the backseat of a convertible before and

HB

Who elected you to decide when a woman (or a man) "has issues" if they are not married by the time Your Majesty decides they should?
HB

Higgs Boson wrote:

Well, have you ever seen a 30 year-old unmarried woman who DIDN'T have issues?
Come to think on it, the "unmarried" qualifier is not really needed...
Never mind.

Another foolish thing is hooking up with someone that has had two or more relationships. Don't think it is going to be permanent.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I dunno. I think wives (or husbands) are like children and pancakes. You have to throw the first one away.
Personally, I tell women who plaintively moan: "Why are all the good men married?" that it's marriage that makes them good!
A woman should look at a potential mate as a source of raw material, not a finished product.
Men CAN be trained (with, admittedly, varying degrees of success) to not throw their socks on the floor, make rude bodily noises in a public venue, ogle large-breasted waitresses, and bathe regularly.
A woman who knows this trick will test the applicant during the courtship phase. She might say: "Darling, it really frustrates me when you're late picking me up" and see how he reacts on subsequent get-togethers. If he continues to be tardy, he's probably not EASILY trainable. If, on the other hand, the issue never comes up again, she can rightfully conclude that he'll be equally pliant when it comes to cities to live in, asking for raises, buying her a dog that will fit in her purse, dressing in pastel suits, and other little things that please her.

I think that I've done pretty well with my first and only. Met in '62, married in '67, took her to the US in '69. So what works for you (the "discarding") might have been because you needed more patience in training ... <BIG grin>. As they say, YMMV ...
--
Best regards
Han

For us it was '62 and '66. Still keeping her. May discard the kids though.

Are they *still* living in your basement?! ;-)
wrote

One just moved back in. At least she is employed and plans to contribute some $.

I'm sorry to hear that.

After my son dropped out of college, we had him pay us rent. We banked it (paying the bills wasn't the point), and later gave it to his him and his wife as part of their wedding present.

Let's see... Met in 9th grade in '66, married in '71 (Sunday before last was our 40th) and took her to Alabama in '08. I can't shake her either. ;-)

On 6/29/2011 6:56 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Has she gone Alabamastan native yet? You may have noticed some differences here than in other parts of the country. ^_^
TDD
On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:30:40 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Well, before 9th grade she was a Texan, so she's not exactly unfamiliar with the South[*]. She's still a citizen of that country, I think. ;-)
[*] I'm the carpet bagger. I've only lived in the North, Demonicrat states (IL, NY, and VT) ;-)
On 6/29/2011 11:03 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Hell, I'm half Yankee, my mother hailed from Brooklyn, NY so half my relatives are Yankees. :-)
TDD

Then there's Pennsylvania: Philadelphia in the east, Pittsburgh in the west, and Alabama in between...