OT: What's Wrong With This Picture?

Page 2 of 3

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The info is from Mormons close to me and I am not at all surprised that there could be errors. One of the last discussions I had with Mormon friends was about marriage and other faiths - I think they found me to be a lost cause :o)

If you quote the Bible, and consider it to be valid, they will pretty much leave you alone, as you can best any ludicrous position they propose. They do have a quota, and can't take a lot of time on any one person. I have also found it amazing that so many know so little about their own beliefs, countless conflicts with their books and the bible, or church's position on matters of importance. It's a need to know basis, and the rank and file don't need to know. Just keep putting in that 10% and all is good.
Steve, an ex-Mormon www.exmormon.org
I sensed for a while, that you are Ex-Mo. It's a shame that you have fallen into the familiar pattern that most Ex-Mos do. You are typical of so many. Who leave for one reason or other. And then spend the rest of thier lives trying to prove that "Steve is right, and the Mormons are wrong".
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 1/2/2010 22:02, Steve B wrote:

forklift operator that he saw Elvis at the Quickie Mart.." folks have no credentials and no established credibility.
Say you were on trial for something and you could have only one outside expert speak on your behalf. Would you pick the "I was at a bar and overheard a truck driver telling the forklift operator that he saw Elvis at the Quickie Mart.." person or someone who has training and experience in the subject area?

Does that include the people who felt underground explosions prior to the planes hitting the building, and those who claim they actually SAW three out of four of the black boxes? Sometimes it doesn't take an expert to testify about what they saw. It just takes an expert to come in and make the jury believe that the witness did NOT see what they saw.
Steve

All religions change.
Some just don't like to admit it.

And it's a bear to bring in all those books and change them and reprint them, as the Mormons have been doing now for XXX years. Reminds me of Newton Smith.
Steve
(Newton Smith is a character in Orwell's 1984 whose job it is to go back and revise media so it looks like the government is always right.) Kinda like O and his crew.
Steve B wrote:

Or the internet. News organizations are forever correcting their stories after they've been published.
HeyBub wrote:

saying when and why the story was corrected. Very common in the trade rags I read. News is the first draft of history, and first drafts sometimes need to be changed.
-- aem sends...
About two blocks later, Muhammed the cab driver will have secreted him off to the airport, so he can catch his flight to Yemen?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Doug Miller wrote:

First, to people in that part of the world, the difference between $100, ten million dollars, and one billion dollars is incomprehensible. Wealth there is measured in terms of goats and they don't have numbers in their system larger than about 85.
Why so little? Because it was never the policy of the United States, at least under the Bush administration, to kill or capture Osama ben Laden. The strategic goal of the US was to prevent another attack on the US or US interests abroad. Period.
To achieve this goal, tactical measures were implemented to eliminate or disrupt terrorist training, communication, financing, recruiting, movement, re-supply, and sanctuaries. That these tactics were successful is self-evident.
In the decade before 9-11, there were about one or two successful attacks against the US or US interests abroad per year: The 1992 WTC bombing, the USS Cole, attacks on our embassies, kidnapping of our ambassadors, and so on. Since 9-11 there have been zero.
That's not to say that killing or capturing OBL wouldn't be met with glee if it happened in conjunction with another operation, but it's simply not a goal in and of itself. Or rather wasn't a goal.
Given the current administration, if OBL were captured today in, say, Afghanistan, what would happen then is anybody's guess. Would he be brought to New York for trial in federal court? Sent to Gitmo? Turned over to the Afghans?
It would be a god-awful mess! I wouldn't be surprised if the official word today is: "Shhh! Look the other way!"

Smitty, two weeks ago, I would have thought you were off your meds. Then I saw a program with Jesse Ventura, and I agree that there ARE some holes that at least need to be looked into. Some of these holes are as big as the sky. And they have all the stuff locked up in hangars, so why not?
I personally believe that there are many, perhaps thousands of pieces of "souvenirs" that made it into the pockets of Joe Average that, if turned in and tested would answer some questions one way or the other. That would just depend on "who" they were turned in to.
I guess we'll get the answer when they tell us what happened to John Kennedy.
And Marylin Monroe.
UFOs.
And others we don't even know about.
I am amazed that lots of the people interviewed hadn't met a "natural" death already. Dead men tell no tales.
There is clearly a foul odor surrounding this, and it would be a simple fix to allow access to the evidence. Scientists who have already spoken about it, and people who testified about it have been hustled into obscurity, some into retirement or unemployment. Most did not even make the 911 report. Some are in hiding for their lives.
"THE TRUTH! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"
-Jack Nicholson, Prophetic words from a movie-

Ya wanna know the REALLY scary part? Rosie O'Donnell might have been right. I always wondered why Bldg. 7 went down when it was away from the others. And if 7 had structural damage, why were a lot of others that didn't go down or were dropped later? Maybe the feds just wanted a new building.
You know that now, of course, we're going to be labeled conspiracy nuts, don't you? I had to quit startazing and meteor shower watching because of the heavy traffic of silent black helicopters at night was obliterating the sky. <g>
"And you know something's happening, but you don't know what it is. Do you, Mr. Jones?" Bob Dylan circa 1966
Steve
-snip-

I never said anything about "conspiracy".<g>

Star Tazing!? You never got back to us on blowing up gophers-- and now you're tazing stars?
Jim [sorry- couldn't resist either one]

Gopher update: The exploder has been retired. It was a fun experiment, but it actually WAS dangerous. Don't ask. I have found out how to successfully trap them, and it only takes me two days at max to get one now. Caught the biggest one ever yesterday. I still would like to make a noisemaker propane/oxygen cannon for 4th of July and New Year's, tho. A google search will bring up some interesting reading, particularly about the world record holder for the loudest.
Maybe the Tazers explain the helicopter crashes ..........
Steve
I've heard that a laundry store garment bag (very thin plastic) can be filled with actylene and oxygen. Driven (in a car) to the desert, and then lit on fire. The resulting explosion will deafen all involved for a long time.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

At the end of the VietNam era, a lot of good buddies were returning from Nam, and it had changed them forever. Talk of TriLateralists, Buildabergers, One World this and that. That we should all take to the mountains and be self sustaining and stock ammunition. I thought they were kooks, even though some were friends from childhood.
I don't think that any more.
Steve

Exactly who are these "legitimate investigators" that are working to refute the official story? And if they are legitimate, unbiased and actually seek the truth, why is it that they are "working to refute the official story?"
From everything I've seen, the people still "investigating" are out to do exactly what you stated above. That is to disprove the official conclusions, because they made up their minds long ago that the original investigation was wrong and there is a big conspiracy. In fact, the overwhelming number of alternate theories would REQUIRE not only a government conspiracy, but the most massive and successful conspiracy in history.
In almost every case, these "investigators" are investigating areas clearly outside their qualifications. The longest running "investigators" and source of much misinformation were high school students at the "Loose Change" website. And as soon as one stupid claim is dismissed, eg "cell phones can't work from airplanes", "steel doesn't melt at 1500F so the buildings couldn't have come down from fire, etc, they move on to even more absurd accusations. Some of these guys actually make a business off of this nonsense, selling videos, T shirts, soliciting contributions, etc.
At the end of the day, there will always be some unanswered questions, some pieces of data that don't fit in. These so called investigators just grab on to anything, they can, then seek the scenario that's inconsistent with the official explanation, while ignoring any alternate scenarios. If every single thing had to be perfectly consistent, we'd never get a conviction in a criminal trial. There is always some measure of conflicting evidence or inconsistency. Yet, juries do what the 911 theorists refuse to do. They weigh ALL the information in a fair way and come to a conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt. And for most of us, in the case of 911, that occurred long ago.