OT: What's Wrong With This Picture?

Every religion has its quirks. Remember: I've been to Palmyra. Tablets shmablets!! :-)

I did, however, see an image of the virgin Mary on a pizza last week.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Well, that was 19 guys, plus perhaps a few hundred directly involved in planning and carrying out (does anyone know how many?). So, we still have over a billion Muslims who aren't killing anyone. Well, no more than "Christians" are killing.

It has been a relatively few years since Mormon's dropped their belief that blacks are not human. Or not as human as others. Proof there is hope for all. They are still undecided about women.

Reply to
norminn

Gopher update: The exploder has been retired. It was a fun experiment, but it actually WAS dangerous. Don't ask. I have found out how to successfully trap them, and it only takes me two days at max to get one now. Caught the biggest one ever yesterday. I still would like to make a noisemaker propane/oxygen cannon for 4th of July and New Year's, tho. A google search will bring up some interesting reading, particularly about the world record holder for the loudest.

Maybe the Tazers explain the helicopter crashes ..........

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Musta been her sister. I have the REAL one at my house. Funny, I always thought she'd be good looking.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Hey, careful. The Virgin Mary now wears a burkah. She's got several big hairy dudes who go every where with you. And now they want to behead you. You have insulted them. Their honor is at stake.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I suggest you call some of the Mormons near you, and ask about those beliefs you mentioned. You might be surprised to find out that there are some small errors in what you just wrote.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've heard that a laundry store garment bag (very thin plastic) can be filled with actylene and oxygen. Driven (in a car) to the desert, and then lit on fire. The resulting explosion will deafen all involved for a long time.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The Easter Bunny's sister used to live under my trailer. Her ugly sister, Gopher.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

At the end of the VietNam era, a lot of good buddies were returning from Nam, and it had changed them forever. Talk of TriLateralists, Buildabergers, One World this and that. That we should all take to the mountains and be self sustaining and stock ammunition. I thought they were kooks, even though some were friends from childhood.

I don't think that any more.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

The info is from Mormons close to me and I am not at all surprised that there could be errors. One of the last discussions I had with Mormon friends was about marriage and other faiths - I think they found me to be a lost cause :o)

Reply to
norminn

All religions change.

Some just don't like to admit it.

Reply to
HeyBub

Exactly who are these "legitimate investigators" that are working to refute the official story? And if they are legitimate, unbiased and actually seek the truth, why is it that they are "working to refute the official story?"

From everything I've seen, the people still "investigating" are out to do exactly what you stated above. That is to disprove the official conclusions, because they made up their minds long ago that the original investigation was wrong and there is a big conspiracy. In fact, the overwhelming number of alternate theories would REQUIRE not only a government conspiracy, but the most massive and successful conspiracy in history.

In almost every case, these "investigators" are investigating areas clearly outside their qualifications. The longest running "investigators" and source of much misinformation were high school students at the "Loose Change" website. And as soon as one stupid claim is dismissed, eg "cell phones can't work from airplanes", "steel doesn't melt at 1500F so the buildings couldn't have come down from fire, etc, they move on to even more absurd accusations. Some of these guys actually make a business off of this nonsense, selling videos, T shirts, soliciting contributions, etc.

At the end of the day, there will always be some unanswered questions, some pieces of data that don't fit in. These so called investigators just grab on to anything, they can, then seek the scenario that's inconsistent with the official explanation, while ignoring any alternate scenarios. If every single thing had to be perfectly consistent, we'd never get a conviction in a criminal trial. There is always some measure of conflicting evidence or inconsistency. Yet, juries do what the 911 theorists refuse to do. They weigh ALL the information in a fair way and come to a conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt. And for most of us, in the case of 911, that occurred long ago.

Reply to
trader4

As an aside, The North Tower stood for one hundred and two minutes after being struck. The South Tower only fifty-six minutes, about half as long.

The difference can be ascribed, partly, to the insulation used on the structural steel beams. In the North Tower, asbestos was the insulating material, in the South Tower, concrete.

Reply to
HeyBub

If you quote the Bible, and consider it to be valid, they will pretty much leave you alone, as you can best any ludicrous position they propose. They do have a quota, and can't take a lot of time on any one person. I have also found it amazing that so many know so little about their own beliefs, countless conflicts with their books and the bible, or church's position on matters of importance. It's a need to know basis, and the rank and file don't need to know. Just keep putting in that 10% and all is good.

Steve, an ex-Mormon

Steve B

And it's a bear to bring in all those books and change them and reprint them, as the Mormons have been doing now for XXX years. Reminds me of Newton Smith.

Steve

(Newton Smith is a character in Orwell's 1984 whose job it is to go back and revise media so it looks like the government is always right.) Kinda like O and his crew.

Reply to
Steve B

Exactly who are these "legitimate investigators" that are working to refute the official story? And if they are legitimate, unbiased and actually seek the truth, why is it that they are "working to refute the official story?"

From everything I've seen, the people still "investigating" are out to do exactly what you stated above. That is to disprove the official conclusions, because they made up their minds long ago that the original investigation was wrong and there is a big conspiracy. In fact, the overwhelming number of alternate theories would REQUIRE not only a government conspiracy, but the most massive and successful conspiracy in history.

[...]

reply: I agree with you except the "reasonable doubt" part. My mind has doubts, and I am a reasonable and prudent person. Other than that, it's a circus. A paid circus at that.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

My question: Why were only "experts" who had already made their conclusions allowed to testify, and anyone who had any doubts was not?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Or the internet. News organizations are forever correcting their stories after they've been published.

Reply to
HeyBub

All of the asbestos fireproofing in WTC 1 had been removed during remediation projects prior to 9/11. WTC 2 had partial asbestos insulation remaining that was being replaced in stages. Encasing steel elements in concrete is a good but very heavy way to protect them from fire effects but not commonly used in the WTC.

Reply to
George

Because the "I was at a bar and overheard a truck driver telling the forklift operator that he saw Elvis at the Quickie Mart.." folks have no credentials and no established credibility.

Say you were on trial for something and you could have only one outside expert speak on your behalf. Would you pick the "I was at a bar and overheard a truck driver telling the forklift operator that he saw Elvis at the Quickie Mart.." person or someone who has training and experience in the subject area?

Reply to
George