OT what is the demonstrators' objection

No one addressed my question, except Tony, and his answer doesn't explain the large numbers.
I should have known that this is not the right forum for such a topic.
Micky wrote:

On 11/30/2015 8:21 PM, Micky wrote:

resources are to be divided and used. Those low on the food chain will suffer the most.
Per Micky:

Maybe they do stay home - and watch/listen to wacko extremist commentators to the exclusion of middle-of-the-road sources.... -)
--
Pete Cresswell

Per Oren:

The pundits I heard said that was the motivation behind killing the Canada pipeline: to give the USA the appearance of at least some small shred of integrity at the conference.
--
Pete Cresswell

Per Oren:

Aren't the two concepts non-mutually-exclusive ?
--
Pete Cresswell

Per Uncle Monster:

Bill Gates is nobody's fool and he seems to believe that.
Ditto China's central government.
Ditto the pope.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 11/30/2015 9:21 PM, Micky wrote:

There has been climate change since the days of my youth. I can remember one time when the snow was so deep, the snow plows made a mound probably six feet tall, at the corner where they plowed out a parking lot. (I should have taken pictures, but I was too young to know the signifigance.)
The question which needs answering is "does man's activity affect climate? And if we change, does the climate respond to our changes?"
At present, I do not think that mankind's activity affects the global climate. Just like I don't think chlorinated solvents affect the ozone layer. People who do think so, should stay home and be quiet.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

With statements like that you're sounding way too liberal.
;-)
On 12/1/2015 10:34 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Oh bother. I've got to go buy some more dog food for Mom's dinner. I'm sounding liberal.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 9:21:27 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

The "whatever their complaint was" part is key. There are always going to be some protestors that show up at any type of summit, mad about one thing or another. If they can show up at G20 meetings, where the goal is cooperating to keep the world economy running smoothly, surely they can show up anywhere.

Of course there are some that just like causing trouble, nothing new there. If you interviewed the protestors you'd find that they don't even agree with each other, and that some make no sense at all.

If you can see that there are issues involved that would bring out demonstrators for a world trade or similar meetins, I don't see why you wouldn't see that exactly the same kind of issues and even more so, are involved in agreements to limit CO2. There are going to be winners and losers in any agreement that is reached.
On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 10:10:45 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

Watched the news just now and they had some brief coverage of the demonstrators in Paris. I saw a big polar bear costume and signs that made it clear that at least those demonstrators are there demanding action on global warming. Which makes sense. If you have any big issue, not unusual to see people there demonstrating for whatever is going on, not necessarily against it.