OT: Warm your home with a renewable resource

From the world of The Hard To Believe:
"The bodies of thousands of rabbits culled every year from the parks in Stockholm's Kungsholmen neighbourhood are being used to fuel a heating plant in central Sweden."
With pic of dead rabbits and crematoria smoke stacks http://www.thelocal.se/22610/20091012 /
PETA folks so upset they're stabbing each other.
"First they came for the bunnies. I didn't complain because I was not a rabbit..."

Dairy farmers are sometimes routinely heating their homes from their barns; which are always warm regardless of the outside temperature. All it takes is a heat exchanger and insulation. Except for late fall and earl spring the house furnace seldom has to run. Barns never require any source of heat; the animal's bodies provides sufficient heat.
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:27:03 -0400, "Twayne"

The gigantic Mall of America in Minnesota does not have a central heating plant. There are spot heaters in a few locations, but overall, the building maintains temp without much help.
Minnesota!
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

I used to service the games at an arcade in a mall. They didn't use much heat but they used the A/C almost year round. Their A/C stopped working and it needed a new compressor. The arcade owner/tenant in the mall had to pay to fix the A/C, then they lost their lease in less than 1 year.
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Twayne wrote:

but nowhere near as warm as a home. Even 100,000 chickens in a chicken barn needs to be heated in Maine. I have seen ice in the cows drinking bowl in the morning in both a traditional barn and a free stall barn.
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:26:42 -0400, Van Chocstraw

What IS a free stall barn? I looked at a couple articles about them, but couldnt' figure it out.