OT Toro 828LXE Traction advice?

I'm sure if you are still alive you've heard about the snow storm here in NE. Well, we've got 3-4' in central/eastern CT.

My trusty snow blower usually handles fairly large amounts of snow but today it seems to be loosing traction internally. The wheels are not spinning and none of the gears seem to cause it to move. Oh, there's a little attempt at movement but just briefly and unsuccessfully.

My guess is that the "traction wheel" is slipping and Ive followed the manual's adjustment instructions and now it seems adjusted as far as it will go. My guess is that the tremendous amount of snow landing on it is being melted by the engine causing it to run into the mechanism reaching the traction disc causing the slip.

My machine is circa 2006 and just last fall I had it checked and adjusted.

So, if any of you snow geniouses can offer any suggestions I would certainly appreciate hearing them. I'm about 1/8 of the way towards clearing my driveway.

Thanks all.

Reply to
bobmct

I'm an Ariens guy-- but that would make me look at the idler pully to be sure it is engaging when I squeeze the handle.

I don't dare go look at this forum today- but if you can get through the champagne corks popping and loud shouts of glee from all the New Englanders- you're sure to get some good advice-

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht