OT-Square Root Day

Page 1 of 3
I just realized that today, April 4th is Square Root Day.
The next time it occurs won't happen until 05/05/25.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

HUH ?????????
On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 4:04:32 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

4 times 4 = 16
4 is the square-root of 16.
The properties of 5 and 25 are left as an exercise for the reader.
Even I think it's a little nerdy to think about dates in this way, and I program computers for a living.
Cindy Hamilton
On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 13:39:23 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

Gotcha! 4-4-16.
Yea, that is sort of nerdy, but someone always manages to find some special meaning for something.... At times it's downright stupid. I recall some people predicting the end of the world a few years ago, because of the date numbers doing something.... (I dont recall when or what it was exactly).
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo says...

Wasn't it about the Mayan calendar ending?
--
RonNNN

On 4/4/2016 5:22 PM, RonNNN wrote:

I've not run into a Mayan since then so it must be true.

You need to go to Mayami. I think they spell it differently now.

Yep, it was about the Mayan calendar ending. Now I remember.
On 04/04/2016 04:22 PM, RonNNN wrote:
[snip]

Wikipedia has a long list of "end of the world" predictions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events ). It didn't happen then. I was thinking about why this one should be any different.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

The same people who were opening champagne on PI day 3/14/16
On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 4:39:29 PM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Well, he does have a brass rat.
Cindy Hamilton wrote: "Even I think it's a little nerdy to think about dates in this way, and I program computers for a living. "
We could use a little 'nerdiness' in a culture of constant pop tunes and bare skin on the video.
On 04/04/2016 03:39 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[snip]

It's been 2000 years since the year 16.

--
"If you don't care where you are, then you ain't lost."

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 9:51:41 AM UTC-4, Sam E wrote:

Of course.
4 * 4 == 2016 % 2000;
Cindy Hamilton
In article <7ad55425-4191-43f6-b3b0-

Most programmers are tetched in the head. ?
On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 6:30:08 PM UTC-4, Artie wrote:

If you're looking for dissent, you won't get any from me.
Cindy Hamilton
In article <7ad55425-4191-43f6-b3b0-

Most programmers are tetched in the head.
On 4/4/2016 3:03 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

There are 10 kind of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Actually if you understand binary you only need one bit to do that, not 2. 0 or 1
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

Show me the binary # for 3.
--
RonNNN