OT SMall Engine rebuilding for tiller

I have an old cast iron techumseh engine I am trying to rebuild. (The rod broke). I am putting it back together. At the bottom of the stroke I can hear a sound and there seems to be some slight "play" where the rod does not move the poston any. I think the same at the top of the stroke.

Is this a problem or am I being overly cautious? This is my first rebuild and have learned alot but wanted to get your opinion. I have a video posted here:

stryped

As you get to top dead center or bottom dead center, I would think that there would have to be a slight hesitation of the piston movement as it changes direction.

Reply to
Johnl

Lube the rod bearings (both sides) with white lithium and make sure they are set correctly. Torque cap bolts.

Then crank the engine...

Reply to
Oren

Did you use plastigauge