OT SMall Engine rebuilding for tiller

I have an old cast iron techumseh engine I am trying to rebuild. (The rod broke). I am putting it back together. At the bottom of the stroke I can hear a sound and there seems to be some slight "play" where the rod does not move the poston any. I think the same at the top of the stroke.
Is this a problem or am I being overly cautious? This is my first rebuild and have learned alot but wanted to get your opinion. I have a video posted here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG_kcd9VV3Q

As you get to top dead center or bottom dead center, I would think that there would have to be a slight hesitation of the piston movement as it changes direction.

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:25:56 -0800 (PST), stryped

Lube the rod bearings (both sides) with white lithium and make sure they are set correctly. Torque cap bolts.
Then crank the engine...

Did you use plastigauge