OT Slightly - Building Roof Repair

I have a pole barn.
http://my.core.com/~ecar/m_bpic.jpg (38k)
The roof insulation extends from the inside out to the full length of the eve.
http://my.core.com/~ecar/m_Picture%20003.jpg (41k)
This is a picture with a section of the insulation removed.
http://my.core.com/~ecar/m_Picture%20001.jpg (52k)
What is the best way to deal with this?
Can you restate your question to include what it is you're trying to deal with? I think it has something to do with roof repair, but the pics don't show too much. Sorry. Tom
Sorry, I guess I have been looking at it too long.
It is foam insulation that has deteriorated over the years. The problem is entirely cosmetic. I am trying to figure out the best way to cover, replace, mask, etc the insulation.
tom wrote:

What is the distance from the exterior wall to the center joist and then to the drip line shown in the above picture?
I am thinking vinyl soffit but the span might be to great.
OTH can you not just remove the insulation and paint the bottom side of the metal roof?
Colbyt
Colbyt wrote:

26"
and then to

27"
What do you do with the joints of the soffit? I haven't worked with it. Can the sections be managed?

Ya, I guess that could be done. In the one picture where the roofing is visible, I cut the insulation leaving the piece above the 2x4 joist. I would probably have to cut that insulation out and hammer the nails down.
Just wondering if someone has a magic, nothing-to-it solution.

Vinyl soffitt goes up like siding except you never do butt joints. It installs like tongue and groove. You would have a good bit of waste. You would get 2 53" cuts per 12' board. Also I think the span it too great. When I use it on porches I always nail it every 16". That may be more nails than required. I really don't know the maximum span.
Removal and painting is the low cost option.
Colbyt