OT: Sick Canadians fleeing to the south

Page 1 of 2
"A Canadian study released Wednesday found that many provinces in our neighbor to the north have seen patients fleeing the country and opting for medical treatment in the United States. The nonpartisan Fraser Institute reported that 46,159 Canadians sought medical treatment outside of Canada in 2011, as wait times increased 104 percent — more than double — compared with statistics from 1993."
http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/11/report-thousands-fled-canada-for-health-care-in-2011/#ixzz20MJDJQyv
Add pictures here
βœ–

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/11/report-thousands-fled-canada-for-health-care-in-2011/#ixzz20MJDJQyv
And that compares how to the number of Americans heading to Mexico and SEA for services?
Add pictures here
βœ–

interesting question, I look forward to your research
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:17:02 PM UTC-7, HeyBub wrote:

Here is a list of the hospitals that United States patients are fleeing to; those that can afford them that is. If you got the money they’ve got the treatment.
http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings

Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Don't know about the rest, but the first one in the first category, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, treats the vast majority of its patients at no charge. M.D. Anderson is part of the University of Texas system and is designated as a research institution. The whole enchilada is funded as part of the university system.
Admittedly, some patients have to pay out-of-state tuition rates...
Add pictures here
βœ–

βœ–
On 7/11/2012 7:17 PM, HeyBub wrote:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/11/report-thousands-fled-canada-for-health-care-in-2011/#ixzz20MJDJQyv
home repair newsgroup?
Add pictures here
βœ–

You must be new here or you'd already know the answer to that question.
βœ–
George wrote:

Regrettably, yes. My current squeeze is out of town (but should be back today).
All I have left to talk to is my cat and this newsgroup. The goddamn cat gives every indication of being bored into a stupor with my pithy offerings, so common sense dictated I direct my musings to those who can appreciate them: all the swell people on this newsgroup.
I appreciate your notice and constructive suggestions. Your attention has validated my sense of self-worth. I am SO pleased!
Maybe I can do the same for you someday...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Ever hear of alt.politics?
I think you could find a new home there.
--
Dan Espen

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 7/12/2012 11:59 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Judging from your constant stream of off topic posts for as long as I can remember it would would seem your "squeeze" has been away for a really long time...

Its really not that difficult to post stuff in appropriate places. Just going by the name of this group one would think posts about home repair are appropriate here. There are other groups for politics and humor for example that you might use.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Judging by your whining, it would appear that you don't know how to use a killfile.

It's really not that difficult to use a killfile. You're also welcome to leave if you don't like the atmosphere.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 7/12/2012 4:42 PM, George wrote:

George, you can set your news filter to filter out all posts that start with "OT" which stands for "Off Topic" most sane posters start all bull sessions with "OT". ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–

everyone else in the theater you would suggest they get ear plugs or move?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 7/13/2012 11:38 AM, George wrote:

If I owned a theater, I probably wouldn't let you enter. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–

clueless people to annoy others would lead to your enterprise quickly failing?
Add pictures here
βœ–
George wrote:

You make a good point. Still, there are a couple of things to bear in mind: 1. I didn't start the conversation on Canadian Health Care, I'm just responding with some new data. 2. According to my count, I've posted 45 OT messages since August 2010 (23 months). That works out to about two per month, including the famous "OT-Loon over My-yami". Only the disgruntled would consider that frequency to be excessive. 3. The groups you mention, politics and humor, have a much higher percentage of mental defectives than this group. I prefer to share enlightenments and, yes, from time to time, a little humor, with people who can appreciate the wit and wisdom offered. Not everything is perfect; this group does have, unfortunately, a smattering of nay-sayers, shoddy pedagogues, athletes of the tongue, and professional pick-nits, but this group, in spite of a few pimples (who shall remain nameless), contains far superior intellects than the rest.
Add pictures here
βœ–

You mean to say in that time period you've _started_ 45 OT threads. That's a far cry from posting 45 OT messages since you rarely say something once, and you even have some history of replying to your own posts.
But isn't the real issue not the O part but the T part? Your "on-topic" posts are off-topic 80% of the time...and wrong almost 100%. :)~
βœ–
RicodJour wrote:

Yeah, for the absurdly anal; I've STARTED about 45 OT messages. Sorry if you were momentarily confused.

Interesting claim. Suppose you remind everybody which of my supposedly on-topic posts were really alien to the group. And if you can show me where I've been wrong - and not admitted the error - I'd be grateful. Heck, if you can show where I've replied to my own posts - other than adding additional information - I would be tickled to see that also. Odds are you are merely displaying a pathology centered around abusing others for your own merriment.
Should you be unable, or unwilling, to provide evidence of your claims, then, well, we'll know for sure.
Add pictures here
βœ–

You're getting a feeling of deja vu, aren't you? If not, you should be. I did the research for you once. There's no point in repeating the exercise. Reading your stuff once is punishment enough. http://tinyurl.com/7mtwd8z
You've admitted that you embellish to make a point, that you make up things to make a point, and there are many, many instances of someone pointing out your 'embellishment' errors and you simply don't care. Remember? You said you are immune to what people think. I'd even go as far as to say that at times you are immune to thinking as you're simply looking for entertainment. That's fine - just be honest about it and don't get huffy about it when called on it.
βœ–