OT- Shopping in hard economic times just got harder

Page 2 of 2

Last year I bought a "new" electric water heater from Home Depot still in the box.... Got it home and noticed the inside plastic wrap was not all the way up and over the heater.. Didnt think too much of it and proceded to install the heater. When all done installing and filled I turned the breaker on and nothing happened... Long story short after numerous calls back to the Home Depot, they did help me diagnose that one of the heating elements inside may be defective.. I shut the breaker off and drained the heater and lo and behold the bottom heater element was in fact defective... In fact it was burned right off!!!! Apparently someone had bought the heater took it home and somehow screwed up in installing it and burnt up the element and boxed it back up and took it back to the store. Then the Home Depot people put the box right back on the shelf and I got it... Steve ps They did give me a new element without charge to put back in and it has since been working fine.

I'm opening EVERYTHING from here on out.. The next one I purchased I took it to the CS counter and made sure 'they' opend it and looked at the serial # on the unit and compared it to the box. I said 'if this one is bad I'm taking IT back as well and I don't want any more problems'...They obviously refunded my money because they know there could be another way that unit got in there, ie someone bought one swapped their old, nonworking unit and left the new remote, sealed it up and returned it.

Condoms? Depends?

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww