OT: Second hurricane East of Hurricane Matthew

This is an interesting scenario for sure. See the part about “The Fujiwara Effect”.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/hurricane-matthew-damage-nicole-wind-speed-when-landfall-florida-hurricanes/
--
Maggie

Matthew will mate with Nicole and a whole bunch of baby hurricanes will be born next year....
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote in

Now there's something for the condom company's development departments to work on!

There was more hype than hurricane here in Florida. The thing that will make damage seem worse is the fact that the NE Florida area has not been hit by much of anything for decades so a lot of stuff that was not built to code still exists. They were really lucky that this thing was not 30 miles farther west. I still think property damage may set records, simply because it is skipping along off the coast of some rich areas with lots of 1950-60s era buildings. Fortunately the Florida building code will not allow them to rebuild substandard buildings so we will only have to buy them once, unlike lots of places.

I watched some weather channels reports and they're saying that they're more worried about the Georgian and Carolina coasts.
--
Maggie

If it does not keep curving around, they are in danger. They also have the same problem of substandard buildings and elevation problems.

Try NOAA weather:
www.weather.gov
More weather, less drama!
On 10/7/2016 2:42 PM, Donald Trump wrote:

You forget who you're trying to advise.

It really looks like most of the damage will be from surge. The worst of the wind is staying offshore so far. The guys from the weather channel were looking around for debris to show last night and the best they could come up with was a couple of small limbs and a piece of pan roof.