OT - sad news

You can bet the "goon" did NOT work for Moicrosoft.

I've had them call saying they were from Microsoft and from Rogers. I've had popups on my computer claiming to be from both - all telling me the same thing - my computer was "throwing bad things at the internet" was the explanation I got from one of them when I called the number on the notice from Rogers. I asked "is this Rogers" and he answered "this is Ragish Patel and we work for Rogers". I hung up.

Any time I call Rogers support they answer "this is from Rogers in Toronto".. They are calling from Brampton and have that distinctive "brampton accent" that sounds very "south asian" - but at least they are sitting at a desk in Brampton Ontario.

Reply to
clare

I have nothing against Indians and have Indian friends and neighbors and I have a fairly good ear for accents.

One of my Indian friends recognized the Indian accent and started talking to the guy in Hindi. The caller said, "Please, sir, I am required to speak English."

Legitimate US companies like Microsoft and Comcast are hiring them for obvious cost savings. I have no problem with that but the crooks are hiring them too.

Reply to
Frank