OT Rain-X kit?

Anyone try the Rain-X deep-cleaning windshield kit? Work better than regular liquid glass cleaners and scrubbers? I have a large number of tiny 'lumps' on my windshield. They only show up if I'm driving into the sun in the morning or evening but annoying then.

Haven't priced or looked for a source for the kit yet.

Suggestions?

TIA

Reply to
KenK

I used it many years ago. It was just a cheap squeeze bottle. One rubbed it on and then polished it off. I was impressed with it. It works by coating nicks and scratches to reduce refraction of light. You just have to recoat occasionally.

Reply to
Mayayana

"Bob F" wrote in news:lghs7r$5n2$1@dont- email.me:

better than

number of

driving into

Credit card,

Fingernail, ice scraper, and one of those scrubber/sqeegees like you see at filling stations. No success.

Reply to
KenK

Go to an auto glass shop and tell them it's safety issue - the lumps distract the driver when the sun hit them. You are not lying. If you notice them when the sun hits them, then they are distracting you.

Have the shop replace the windshield and handle the insurance claim.

You do have full glass coverage, don't you?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I've lived with desert sand pitted windshield. I've used auto car wax with mild results. I also have wiper streaks. I bought some of this, but not have tried it yet.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I've used Rain-X glass cleaner and it removed the road film much better than Windex or other typical glass cleaners. Then I applied Rain-X, polished it out, and it caused the water to bead up during rain storms, improving visibility. Now I used a Rain-X wiper fluid that does much the same thing but with not additional effort

Reply to
David

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nntp.aioe.org:

I'm in the midst of changing auto insurance companies. I don't think this is an appropriate time for an expensive claim.

Reply to
KenK

"Bob F" wrote in news:lgj84v$hfj$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Looked around and don't have one, except Schick Hydro blades for a razor which are too small to use conveniently. I do have some unused blades for my box cutter. Anyone see a problem?

Reply to
KenK

Yes, possibly. Some windshields will scratch easily. Best to try it on a spot off to the side where it won't bother you if it does scratch.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski