OT Property taxes

Page 7 of 7
On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 7:46:28 PM UTC-4, Kurt Ullman wrote:

And the corollary to that is that Philo said Reagan was "pretty bad". Under Reagan, the economy boomed, unemployment was cut in half with good paying jobs, not flipping burgers. Interest rates were cut in half, inflation cut in half, the stock market went up by 2.5 to 3X. And we both could tell him what Reagan did that made that happen....
Clearly his rules are different for Democrats and Republicans.

On 4/26/2015 7:46 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Failed to use Jedi powers to run the country?

Actually it appears as though most of the problem was that GW DID use his Jedi mind powers. Otherwise how do you explain the large numbers of Democrats that say they were against the war despite voting for okaying it AND paying for it?
but what they conceal is vital.?
On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 7:31:23 PM UTC-4, philo wrote:

And according to you, Reagan was "pretty bad" too, even though by your new standard, ie stock market performance, the market about tripled during Reagan's 8 years.
You, really, really need to just stop. You're clearly a Democrat that keeps making it up and moving the goal posts as you go.
On 04/26/2015 06:52 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Ok folks you wont the argument, I'm going back to home repair
On 4/26/2015 7:09 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

When I read "biggest mistake was trusting the Dems in the Congress", I was remembering Rush Limbaugh commenting on the Reagan budget. The Dems got tax increase now, in promise of reduced spending later.
On 4/25/2015 8:41 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The problem is that most people really don't understand that. I've heard it so many times, "the properties are being reassessed so my taxes will go up" People expect it so the politicians accommodate them.
In 49 years of home ownership, taxes have never gone down, but one year they did not change.
On 04/25/2015 06:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Amazingly my taxes actually have gone down after they had been unrealistically raised. It happened well before Walker came into office though.
On 4/25/2015 5:08 PM, philo wrote:

During the Bush housing bust, those that experienced a drastic reduction in home value over what they paid, did get property tax reductions if they applied for a re-assessment. I know my sister-in-law who purchased a duplex which fell in value by $200K got a reduction. But now the "value" is up by about $600K so it is reassessed again and the 2% increase limit (California prop 13) applies from the original assessed value, not from the reduced assessed value.
The property tax rate in California is actually pretty low in percentage terms, but the property values are so ridiculously high that the dollar amounts are very high. A 1786 sq ft, 3/2, 1960's, tract home, that was about $20K new, sold on my street in 2013 for $1.395 million and will have property taxes of over $17,500 per year. It needed about $100K in renovation before the owners could move in and that was better than the sellers renovating it and raising the price because at least the renovations did not trigger a reassessment. Today it would sell for about $1.75 million.

Yes, the "rate" game. They do it here too. The only thing you can trust a politician to do is lie.
On 04/26/2015 04:54 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

+1