OT Pie, not advertising anything

Those of you who go to the supermarket might have noticed that Mrs Smith frozen fruit pies were more than half off for month after month last spring, and I bought a few and ate a few, but I ended up buying more than I wanted to eat.

In Januaary I ate one of the apple pies and yesterday and today I ate most of a pumpkin pie, and despite being 8 and 10 months old, they were fine. Tasted fine, looked fine

Probably would work the same with any brand of pie.

Reply to
micky

They are on sale a few times a year. While OK, Sara Lee is better, but rarely on sale.. We often have them in the freezer for six months with no problems.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Wow, I figured I'd be the only one to do this. I should have known better about you.

What's interesting is that the boxes are no way near air tight. On the side, they have little flaps at each end that fold over first, and then a big bottom and top flap that are folded over and glued. So nothing at the ends keeps the air out except the end flaps spring back a little might. But still they are fine.

Reply to
micky

The Sara Lee pies fit better in the pie rack on my Hoveround.

Reply to
Billy Bologna