OT Perhaps, But I Gotta Get Me Some O Deez!

I may lose my mind and order a set. :-)
http://preview.tinyurl.com/62g2f52
TDD

There's such a thing as taking multi-tasking too far. :\
nb
?

Would have been handy when we were teenagers and went to the A & W drive in for a burger and BSd with others about cars.

What meals at A&W need silverware?
nb
On 1/22/2011 12:43 PM, notbob wrote:

The A&W here is half A&W and half Long John Silvers.

Would that make it an A & hn Silvers?
On 1/22/2011 3:08 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:

A&W hasn't been worth a damn since they tried to make the leap from drive-in chain to family-friendly sit-down restaurant, failed at that, and got eaten by one of the junk-food borgs. Town I grew up in, the local franchise owner looked at the front money it would take to replace his building and keep his franchise, said the hell with it, and bought a new sign with his own name on it. Same menu, almost the same root beer, and kept on chugging for many years, I've tried A&W's is several other towns since then- it just isn't the same. I think the taste of the cold root beer in the big glass mug, and the taste of the hot dogs, was affected by eating them half-outside sitting in a car with open windows, and the whiff of exhaust from all the kid hot rods pulling in and out. The food was never stellar- you were paying for the ambiance. Close cousin to the walkup-only, icecream-only Dairy Queen right next door, where if you were really good that week, you went for dessert. They followed the same path A&W tried to, but were a little more successful at it, at least for awhile. I'll note, though, that the only DQ left in this town is the original walkup one- the sit-down versions all went belly up. Vanilla cone I used to pay a quarter for is now about 3 bucks, though.
Yet another couple of my treasured childhood memories ruined by corporate 'bigger must be better' think.
--
aem sends...

snipped-for-privacy@peckerhead.net wrote:

Looks like a good way to screw up dinner!
On 1/22/2011 3:27 PM, Malcolm Hoar wrote:

You could really throw a wrench into the dinner conversation. :-)
TDD