OT Online video instructions

After moving 3 times and ending back at home with her mother, my niece has stored her waterbed in my living room. That is a whole nother story. Anyway we had a heck of a time putting that bed together the first time. The first time, we got the frame on backwards. Before moving it the second time, I marked left, right, top, bottom on all the parts so it will go back together right next time.
Anyway..........it sure would be nice if manufacturers would put assembly instructions in video format on the web.
On 8/2/2011 16:55, Metspitzer wrote:

Documentation is a big expense for manufacturers. Would you be willing to pay more for such a service? What if the manufacturer goes out of business?

Really? So you are saying that taking a video of someone assembling an item as they set it up on a show room floor would add a significant cost to the item?
Youtube would be happy to get how to videos and display them for free.
On 8/2/2011 18:26, Metspitzer wrote:

Yes, it would, especially when having to assume liability for someone who injures himself while trying to work with tools while watching a video.

Right
Metspitzer wrote:

Hi, Did you peruse Youtube? Many most video instructions are there.

No. The waterbed is going to get sold this time. Having an assembly video would be nice to have to go with the bed being sold.
Youtube does not have any useful hits for water bed assembly. The measurements for the center cross piece from the wall would be a handy piece of info.
On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 19:55:07 -0400, Metspitzer wrote:

Next time, do that the first time ;-)

It's not easy to print out a video and take it to wherever you need it, though. I'd say just mark parts - like you did - for anything that looks complex or looks to be badly made (such that it might not reassemble well unless in the exact same configuration). Taking photos with a digital camera is sometimes useful, too.
cheers
Jules