OT.. Old Beats New

An F16 fighter from the 70s whips an F35. From the Dail Mail: http://tinyurl.com/qesezrv

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 20:28:54 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"

The key here is "visual range". The F35 was designed to shoot the F16 down before they ever see each other and before the F16s electronics detect it.
In a dog fight it really comes down to the pilot anyway.
I do agree the F35 is an overpriced boondoggle tho. It is just a jobs program for aerospace workers who could be using their talents in better places like "space" if we would spend the money for it. Unfortunately defense seems to be the only "no questions asked" area of government in spite of the fact that our enemies are more likely to be driving pickup trucks than fighter jets.