OT Monkey Grip tire pressure guage problem

I'm pretty sure this is hopeless but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Otherwise seems like a nice gauge.
I have an almost new Monkey Grip tire pressure gauge. Circular gauge with a needle indicator. Problem is needle points to center readings of gauge instead of the 0 point. I tried the two screws in back, no help. I tried unscrewing tire connection. No help. I'd like to fix this - hate to throw away an almost new gauge. Can't seem to get glass face off to get at needle.
Anyone have any ideas? I tried Google - no help.
On 09/14/2015 12:43 PM, KenK wrote:

Just subtract the tare weight from the reading...I've an old one that also is off now but it does seem from checking to be pretty accurate.
Or, if it's new, take it back and see if can get a replacement...

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 14 Sep 2015 13:07:16 -0500, dpb

Yup.

On mine it didn't help. Too bad, an easy solution.
I ended up buying a $3.50 protruding-stick-type gauge. I always wonder how accurate those are. +- 3 PSI?