OT: Makita 12v Ni-MH pod style battery rebuilding

I have a couple of Makita 12v pod style batteries that are pretty much shot. The model# 1233. Has anyone ever taken these apart without destroying the casing? What would be the best way to do it? I'm very handy with a soldering iron, batteries and multimeter (fly electric RC). I would much rather make my own pack than have someone else do it.
Thanks
Greyhound
<< I would much rather make my own pack than have someone else do it. >>
Take it to your Interstate Battery or similar repair facilty and just let the tech do it right. He will have access to better parts than you will. Use the time you save to enjoy more RC flight time. Now go have some fun while the waether is great. HTH
Joe
Batteries Plus store told me what they often do is put battery casings in the freezer and then try to open them up. I guess it somehow makes it easier to separate the casing without damage. I never got around to trying it on the Pentax rechargable pack I asked them about.

BP did my 12 volt Dewalt pack. Not sure how they got it opened but they did not breat anything to do it. It later popped open on me and I epoxied it together forever..