OT:Letter to Southern Califonia newspaper that was not printed

Page 4 of 5

IIRC, we had eight or so more, at the time.

The only info I find describes the Manhattan project as having produced three atomic bombs. Two plutonium bombs (one tested at the Trinity site and one dropped on Nagasaki) and a uranium bomb (dropped on Hiroshima). If there is documentation of addition weapons available at the time, please provide a link.
todd
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Stuff I've read said that there were only those three until August '45, but that one Pu bomb could be manufacturered every three weeks (U235 was too difficult to separate hence the reason for the Pu research in the first place). The Manhattan project wasn't just a research program, rather manufacturing.
--
Keith

Keith Williams wrote:

Yes. The Manhattan project only produced three bombs because production was halted in August 1945. Components for a fourth were in transit to the Pacific theater at the time, and production was being ramped up to prduce several per month by the end of 1945.
--

FF

It depends on if you are talking about an appointed interim leader or a duly elected president.Who the British think the first president was means less to me than whether the cat has constipation or not.

I don't agree; both have EQUAL meaning to me ;)
--
Free men own guns, slaves don\'t
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Nick Hull wrote:

I find the cat having constipation to be of greater concern--if he doesn't go soon then there's going to be a vet bill.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Graham Walters wrote:

Actually, if you count presidents of the Continental Congress, which is what he was, there being no nation called the "United States" until after adoption of the Constitution, then John Hanson was the _third_.

So if some random netloon can't get a thing like that right what chance is there that any other information he provides is correct?

Why is it that someone who makes a great show of his own ignorance then comments on others "resorting to namecalling"?
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Graham Walters wrote:

John Hanson was the First President of the Continental Congress of the United States of America. George Washington was the First President of the Untied States of America.
The President of the Continental Congress had no executive authority outside of that body. They was not at all the same office, despite the similarity of title.
--

FF

Now you've gone from reasoning to invective. Shame. No, the founding fathers were not terrorists. Yes, there were instances of "terrorist" mobs assaulting citizens who disagreed with them - on both sides. It has been pointed out by historians that the only reason the American revolution did not have a "reign of terror" like the French, British, and Russian revolutions was that our population was too small and too dispersed to support the kind of mass hysteria required.
I agree with you, and the original poster, on the immigration issue. One point, however, was left out. When the earlier waves of immigration arrived, we were underpopulated. Now we're overpopulated.
-- It's turtles, all the way down
Amen!!!!! It's time we took America back.
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

Amen!!!!! It's time we took America back.
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote: <snip>
Save your breath and your flames.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/newimmigrants.asp
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

Please tell you wife Rosemary that posting chain letters like this is contrary to your ISP's AUP.
--

FF

Well if it against the AUP that's all good however something like this is more acceptable to me then the posting of copywriten and or pirated software that is seen so much on these things. Don't you agree?
Al

Al wrote:

Chlamydia is better than gonorrhea, don't you agree?
--

FF

No there is a comparison, Those are to illnesses that are terrible to deal with however if you play you might end up paying. So back in the world of News groups and internet where my comment was directed as to the subjects. Freedom of speech in this country is a right, steeling someone else's property is not acceptable in any country and in some cases the property owner will shoot the crook with my regards, I hate thief's. As someone that created a program to use at my last place of employment where as the owner tried to claim they owned my software solely created at my home on my time. This particular comment on my side hits very close to home, btw I have the only copies of my software goto love FDISK on a system with all your software on it! So free speech go for it, steeling forget it. It would make someone wonder where someone else's moral boundaries are. You can do what you want I know I have a clear conscious when it comes to this topic.
Al
Once again pinions are like A@#wholes everyone has one including me!

Al wrote:

Ok, you don't agree that chlamydia is better than gonorrhea, though I am not clear as to why not.
I am quite sure that you understood the analogy and my reason for presenting it so I will address your comments regarding theft.
USENET is not public. NNTP traffic is carried over both private and public servers, bu tmostly it is carried over private networks.
USENET is organized into newsgroups by topic. The purpose being that when people read USENET they can chose the topic they wish to read. People pay, directly or indirectly for USENET access and reading UENET takes their time. Posting off topic is Free Speech the same way that standing up in church to speak on a topic of your chosing, woudl be free speech. My town frequently hosts free public concerts in the town square. Once a local character, starting speaking out during the concert. The police arrived, and he quieted down. No arrest was made. But plainly, even though he was speaking in a public place, his right to free speech did not supercede the right of the rest of us to quietly enjoy the scheduled activities.
Your right to speak freely on the internet is, to an extent, superceded by my right to quietly enjoy the internet access for which I paid. If you want to post a political rant, fine, post it in a political rant newsgroup.
People who post off-topic, especially spammers like OP, who spam USENET with ficticious political claptrap are thieves. They steal the money and time of the USENET readership. They only steal a little from each, but theft it remains.
--

FF

So basically you stating that one must obey the AUP but its ok to steal!... Your awesome keep up the good work! As far as stealing your money or time that's BS and you know it. Do you have filters? Then filter anyone or thing you want. I do block people who post things that are copywritten or vulgar as I don't want my grand kids to see them. I see you are not against criminal acts just freedom of speech. What a guy! I am glad to have met someone of your caliber it has made such an impact on our lives. As far as posting in the proper ng hmmm rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair I just don't see anything about allowing electronic piracy here. As for stating the obvious you are definitely in one minds set and not willing to see that yet they both may be posted in the wrong group speech and electronic piracy are two different things. One is legal and a freedom we value the other is a criminal offence and is punishable in most countries, whether they enforce it to a great extent who knows. Obviously the right to steal is more important to some then the right to freedom of speech.
No need to respond I am done with this childish rant. I know where I stand being the more adult here I will stop because it's going no where. Some people are just meant to be criminals I guess. lol to quote a man of logic, "Live long and prosper".
adios amigo
Al wrote:

No, nor did I say it was OK to lie about what I wrote.
--

FF