OT Lee Valley article

Saw this in another newsgroup Some of us here buy from Lee Valley. This is a good reason to do so, as they treat employees right. http://fw.to/yFOyBTc
On 11/24/2013 02:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Only an idiot would click a blind link like that.
On 11/24/2013 2:42 PM, tom wrote:

Its not blind, I told you what it is. I don't give a crap if you trust me or not though.

Umm......me too. Ed posting something malicious? Never going to happen. Had to allow in no-script, but no problems
On 11/24/13 1:42 PM, tom wrote:

How could you not trust someone whose last name ends in ski?
On 11/24/2013 4:47 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

Someone had to aski?
--
.
Christopher A. Youngski
On 11/24/2013 5:01 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Don't you know anything about computer humor? It's "ASCII" you idiot! ^_^
TDD
On 11/24/2013 11:42 AM, tom wrote:

You are entirely correct. While I would tend to trust Ed, who's to say that this is actually him? It's not exactly difficult to frog someone's name on usenet.
It would seem common courtesy that if you are going to post a link through a tracking service that you also post the un-shortened version, for those of us who are not so trusting of random links on the internet.
Jon
On 11/24/2013 5:48 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

Tiny URL has a preview option that perhaps Ed should have used knowing how many paranoid goofballs there are around but it's never been a problem for me because my computer wears a cyber-condom and I never catch anything no mater how hard someone tries to screw me. Well, there is also that backwards cyber-chastity belt thingy that keeps anyone from sneaking in the backdoor. ^_^
TDD

I just copied it from another group. Here is the full URL
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/time-to-lead/how-one-company-levels-the-pay-slope-of-executives-and-workers/article15472738/
On 11/24/2013 7:32 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

It was a good article Ed. You should look at the preview option that is part of the Tiny URL service. ^_^
http://preview.tinyurl.com/mahpbd2
TDD

Bwahahahaaahhhhaaaaa! Good luck with that!

There is a lot more at stake than a preview option or malware. Posting the original link in addition to whatever tracking/shortener service link is just good practice if you actually expect people to read what you are linking.
Jon