OT Labor Day -- why bother?

Page 2 of 2
On Monday, September 1, 2014 6:04:16 PM UTC-5, BenDarrenBach wrote:

I would also have to add for you young fellas...this would be more specifically...late '40's to early '50's. So sue me!
On 09/01/2014 6:07 PM, BenDarrenBach wrote:

If it were a high Jewish population I could see locals being closed on Saturdays, yes, but otherwise "not so much" for retail even then. Sundays, yes, too.
When we first moved to Lynchburg, VA, that almost everything in the downtown area closed at noon on Wednesday was unusual for us, to say the least... :) That was '68; by the time we left in '78 think it was a thing of the past. Of course, in that original time, women shopping downtown were expected to have their hats and white gloves, too... :)
On 09/01/14 07:55 pm, dpb wrote:

I don't know whether it's still the same, but when I was growing up in the UK, some areas had "early closing" on Wednesday, some on Thursday, and some on Saturday. Pretty much everything was closed on Sunday.
Perce

Those people need to work to pay for the government handouts to the many who have declared every day a "Labor Day holiday".

Somebody has to keep working to help pay for the ones that are not<g>
On 9/1/2014 12:16 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Unions: the people who brought you the weekend.
State law in Illinois requires automobile dealers to close on Sundays. Don't know what Jewish car dealers do.
Oren posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

Work to me is following these NG's. I am days behind so I think I got you beat. BUT we ain't going to fight over it - too much work!
--
Tekkie

On 9/5/2014 2:22 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

I read today that there are 92 million Americans not working. Good start. Maybe we can double this with a new Democrat admin.
On 9/5/2014 2:31 PM, Frank wrote:

United Detroit of America?
--
.