OT: Home Depot prices

Page 2 of 2
SteveB wrote:

I didn't pay double or even any sort of premium? The "evil family owned place" was a bit of cynicism on may part. Why does everyone assume that big box must be less expensive?
wrote

Sorry I didn't explain my point better. Sometimes when I NEED something, I just go buy it, and sometimes I pay too much wherever that is.
Steve
<snip>

I don't know about others, but whenever I can, I buy from locally owned hardware stores and lumber yards before I go to HD.
In out town, we have a locally owned Ace Hardware / lumber store (Parco), and a chain called McCoys, Texas owned chain I think. I'll go to these places before I will Home Depot. Usually as good and often better prices than HD, friendly and helpful service, and keep the money closer to home.
Just my opinion,
Bob-tx
Dick Adams wrote:

Did you know that if you need 1 pallet of something but order 1 1/2 you'll probably get 2? Seems that the workers often don't bother to remove the extra.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

So how did that fairly short list add up to $120? 10 post caps @ $4 = $40 small can of purple primer = $5 maybe 16d nails = what, $10?
So the bleach, drain cleaner, lag bolts, and sales tax cost $65??
--
Regards,

Since you asked:
Bleach 5.97 Drain Cleaner 8.99 Nails 8.78 Primer 6.99 Lag Bolts 35.69 Post Caps 39.70
Tax 14.86

I thought we had the highest sales tax in the USA: 9.75% in Tennessee. Your sales tax is outrageous at 14%? Where?

You do know, don't you, that you can get a gallon of bleach at any grocery store for less than half that?

Grocery store...

Not a "small" bottle at that price, I don't think.

?????
Holy smokes! Where do you live, that you have a 14% sales tax?? Here in Indiana, tax on that order would have been $6.37.
--
Regards,

Not sure what Bleach sells for here. But I was there, the Bleach was there and besides it's 'professional' Bleach.

OK, so they're large honkin' bolts 6" x .5"

Ontario; 6% Federal and 8% Provincial. Soon to be 5% Federal. WooHoo! Most people were happier when the Federal tax was hidden in the price, but then it was 13.5% Manufacturer's tax + 7% Provincial. But at least they didn't charge it on services.

Did you put it on your Home Depot card so they could charge you 29% interest, too?
-Frank
--
Here\'s some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com /

No, I put it on my air miles card so I can fly to Vegas again and spend some real cash.

Damn! How'd you get a low rate card!
--

Christopher A. Young
.