OT - Got Milk? Drink it. / Got Nothing to Do? Join an HOA

Page 2 of 2

wrote in

True.
but...
Let's not stereotype bikers either. Yea I know many have a rep. One group I was associated with years ago looked just like the typical biker scum. One policy for membership was zero alcohol and drugs. There are many positive examples but this is first hand experience. Oh, and American flags only.
Yep, had a chopper I built from scratch - hardtail, king-queen seat, custom paint, z-bars, 22" over front end :-)

ago to see a new band we had heard a lot about. Come running up to the front and see all these motorcycles lined up with a bunch of scraggly dudes hanging out. Wife wanted to leave but then I noticed the colors. Told her all would be well and you would be probably be safer in that bar that night than at home. It was a meeting of the Iron Pigs, so they were all cops and fire dudes.
--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.

Stereotyping might be a good thing here. Imagine a dealer offering up some merchandise to them. How embarrassing among your poison pusher peers.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

I heard a story about a guy who tried armed robbery at a "private club" like that...he got in but didn't get out :o)

Forgive me for the thread drift but my favorite was the guy who saw the FDNY firefighters doing "Fill the Boot" for the Muscular Dystrophy Labor Day Telethon. He sees the firefighters going into a bar to drop off the proceeds and decides to rip it off. He didn't realize that the bar was a New York City Police watering hole and that they were doing the counting and providing the security for the firefighters. He didn't even get to say anything before realizing he was looking at more Glock pistols than you could find at a very good gun show. Sucks to be him. -- Tom Horne
Tom Horne wrote:

I have no way of knowing if it was true or not, but there was a story of how, back in the pre-direct-deposit days, some fool tried to knock over a branch bank a couple blocks from FBI headquarters, and just happened to pick late afternoon on the day the paychecks were handed out. Supposedly about 20 armed agents were in line waiting to make their deposits. Talk about an Aw Shit moment...
-- aem sends...
Red Green wrote:

Sorry....it's an age related stereotype...last time I paid any attention to anything biker related was a very, very long time ago...before it was fashion for doctors, dentists and stock brokers to own Harleys :o)