(OT for home repair subject) Right versus privileges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjlzIBSFl0E&feature=share

This fellow uses the right to keep and bear arms as an example of how rights are lost.
I think he totally makes sense.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

A right you can't exercise is a right you no longer have. That's been the approach of the gun-haters.
On 11/30/2013 12:38 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Nice straw man there, dude. Most people aren't for banning guns, they're for stronger regulations surrounding their ownership and use. Think of it as being akin to pushing for laws that place limits on women's right to have abortions, or anyone's use of birth control. Or pain medication, for that matter. You do realize there are people advocating for the right of medical personnel to refuse to prescribe or administer pain medication when it conflicts with their religious beliefs? Yes, there are. It was a primary tenet of Mother Theresa, in fact. She didn't provide it, because she felt suffering was part of Gawd's plan.

You're lying, lefty. Laws are already on the books that aren't being enforced. The laws that are being proposed (and passed) do *nothing* but restrict the law-abiding citizen's ability to own guns. They do absolutely nothing to keep people safer - just the opposite, in fact.

You mean the right to someone's life?

You're lying, again, lefty.

Why don't you try something relevant, lefty?
On 11/30/2013 7:52 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

Yes, that's step two of three steps described in the video.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Saturday, November 30, 2013 7:52:30 PM UTC-5, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

Only because those same folks don't know the facts, which are that there are thousands of gun laws on the books already and most of them aren't being enforced. A good example being that you have 40,000 people who illegally apply to buy a gun and fail the required federal background check. Only 50 or so of them are prosecuted. So, instead of passing more laws, how about we go find those 40 felons and prosecute them?

I suffer every time I read stuff from you libs. Does that count?
On 11/30/2013 1:38 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

But in the US, we have the right to keep and bear arms, after the background check, if we can find a gun for sale, if we can find ammo, and as long as we comply with all the regulations of carry, and get the necessary permit to carry, which might be issued, or not.
--
.
Christopher A. Young