OT: Compressor maintenance/access Q?

I have a new Porter-Cable C2002-WK 150psi 6 gal pancake compressor. The regulator knob seems to be immovable. There is also not much to grab so I am trying to remove the regulator cover. I cannot get it off for better access to the regulator knob.

Hopefully one of the readers of this site owns or is familiar with this compressor and can share the secret to removing it properly.

TIA

Reply to
r.mariotti

Regulator knobs are usually locked after adjusting. Yours likely will operate if you unlock it. On some there is a collar that is pulled out and permits the knob to move. Check your owners manual to see if this is the case; or call PC customer service for help. Don't disassemble the regulator. The usual result is a leaky unit that can't hold pressure any more. The plastic housings just don't respond well to screws being removed and reinstalled.

Joe

Joe

Reply to
Joe