(OT) Cellphone puzzler questions

snipped-for-privacy@blankspace.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No, You need a cable that will fit into the phone outlet at the one end. Lisa

Reply to
Lisa BB.

"Keith" wrote in news:k3itkh$nl0$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

I have an LG and I get pics transferred.

Reply to
Lisa BB.
[snip]

It's standard on the PC end. Most phones seem to use a micro-USB connector on the phone end.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

if it does, it may still end up being cheaper than buying the necessary bluetooth dongle and far easier to understand

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

"HeyBub" wrote in news:aJ6dnc5Op8xOysHNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I'd never buy a Tracfone from eBay. It's complicated to get it activated.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.solani.org:

The OP has Tracfone and has to pay by the minute/unit. Too expensive to keep sending emails.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

I didn't mean what this says. Some car chargers will be lots more than $5, , but for each phone, there will be chargers at $5 or less.

My cheap car charger on my first phone at one point, the phone displayed a message "Invalid battery". Now how could the battery be invalid when it's the one the phone came with, new, and I hadn't used it much. I thought it was the cheap car charger. But later it gave the same message with the AC charger that came with the phone.

And all the time, they both charged the battery fine.

Reply to
micky

I don't know, not experience except with AT&T, but was the complicated experience starting from scratch? or when you had a sim card you could take out of an old phone that was activated on Tracfone, and put it in the new phone?

With my used ebay phone, if I wanted it activated from scratch, I'd have to buy a plan that included data, but since I already had a basic phone that couldn't even handle data, not even to download a ringtone, putting its sim card in my new smart phone activated it, and without any data. (except what I can get from wifi, which is free) So now I'm still prepaid and I buy 100 dollars at a time, which expires in a year if I don't buy more before the year is up.

Reply to
micky

Look at the Tracfone site and phones that are available. You can normally google up the phone model and manual and get the manual on line. I think all but very basic phones have cameras. You could always email yourself any pictures.

Reply to
Frank

More precisely, a "Micro-B" USB connector.

Reply to
krw

gsmarena.com is a great place for learning about specific models of cell phone, going back for at least 10 years I think. They probably have other good info too.

Reply to
micky