(OT) Cellphone puzzler questions

I'd never buy a Tracfone from eBay. It's complicated to get it activated.

I don't know, not experience except with AT&T, but was the complicated experience starting from scratch? or when you had a sim card you could take out of an old phone that was activated on Tracfone, and put it in the new phone?
With my used ebay phone, if I wanted it activated from scratch, I'd have to buy a plan that included data, but since I already had a basic phone that couldn't even handle data, not even to download a ringtone, putting its sim card in my new smart phone activated it, and without any data. (except what I can get from wifi, which is free) So now I'm still prepaid and I buy 100 dollars at a time, which expires in a year if I don't buy more before the year is up.
snipped-for-privacy@blankspace.com wrote:

You can buy a USB blutooth dongle (mine was less than 10 bucks) and transfer files from your phone (including photo files) to your computer via bluetooth....or you can save your photos on the SD card and put that in your computer card reader,... or you can use a cable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9IfpSz7c7M

has anyone suggested that he can just email them to himself?
On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 13:00:44 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

That costs money., Although I have no idea how much.

if it does, it may still end up being cheaper than buying the necessary bluetooth dongle and far easier to understand

The OP has Tracfone and has to pay by the minute/unit. Too expensive to keep sending emails.
On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 22:30:22 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@blankspace.com wrote:

Bluetooth is the same as a cable without the cable. It's good for 3 or 4 feet iirc. Maybe more.
I bought both of these two almost exactly a year ago. (Amazon.com product link shortened) (Amazon.com product link shortened)
One worked and the other didnt' seem to, but since they were $1.80 and 2.15 I didn't mind much I didn't spend much time on the first one after the second one worked immediately. Just plug it in.
Now they are cheaper, under a dollar and under two dollars, including shipping, I think it was the one without the CD that worked. But if it was the other one, I still didn't need the CD with XP (or higher, I assume) All I did is plug it in to a USB jack. The computer sees it and installs it.

Smart guy. Facebook is run by people who didn't have faces, so now they use their membes' Sort of like zombies.

I think your best bet with TracFone is to call their sales dept. The phones they sell in your area will depend on the carrier they use there. A lot of the replies here are fine in a generic way, but Tracfone likes to break the rules. My Samsung phone has a usb connection and bluetooth but provides no way to get a picture out of the phone and the same is true of my wife's LG phone.
When I first used TracFone their customer service was worse than dismal but they're top notch now, and their reps seem to have a lot of leeway (a sales rep might stay on a call with you when you're transferred to tech support, for instance). Since you have specific needs in a phone I suggest giving them a call to learn if they have a model that will work for you.

I have an LG and I get pics transferred.
On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 22:30:22 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@blankspace.com wrote:

gsmarena.com is a great place for learning about specific models of cell phone, going back for at least 10 years I think. They probably have other good info too.