OT: Cat Pee

Page 2 of 3

Turn the bag inside out. Place it on your pillow and go to sleep.
Bottle of HO (hydrogen peroxide). Works every time...but it might discolour the bag.
GoHabsGo wrote:

on 8/7/2007 11:06 AM GoHabsGo said the following:

That means you belong to the cat, and not vice versa. It's just marking its property and telling other cats to stay away from you.

Wash it.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
GoHabsGo writes:

Immersion in a superchlorinated swimming pool for some hours. This will oxidize and outgas anything nitrogenous, actually removing it entirely, which is your need.
The swimming pool is critical because you need a low concentration of chlorine, but with a large chlorine reserve. Anything more concentrated will destroy the fabric, and anything less bulky will not have enough reserve to complete the oxidation.

I like this idea. It's massive. :-)
on 8/7/2007 6:27 PM JoeSpareBedroom said the following:

But now, you have to go out and buy a swimming pool. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Right! It's like telling your wife you need a new cordless drill and three spare batteries, because you have to hang just one picture. The logic is perfect.

I might just try this. I have a pool and will boost it and throw the stuff in (minus the skates of course - I tossed these in the trash as the blades got so corroded they were beyond hope).

then your cat pee is in your swimming pool. YECCH. Why not fill a trash can with water and your pool chemicals?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
then your cat pee is in your swimming pool. YECCH. Why not fill a trash can with water and your pool chemicals?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I have already washed the stuff with detergent and bleach so there should be very little pee left, just residual odor.
wrote in> then your cat pee is in your swimming pool. YECCH.

Hey ... no skin off my nose.. it's YOUR pool..... you can do whatever you want with it. If it were MY pool though... no freaking way. Why not just throw the stuff away and replace it.
--
Kate
______

Hey, if you can afford a pool, I guess fifty or a hundred bucks to replace a stinky gym bag is trivial. (I'm assuming OP has a fancy one, not one of those 20-buck wally world specials, that easily fits in a washer.)
But I mainly just wanted to say that your ascii jeep signatures are getting downright cool.
aem sends...
______ /l ,[____], l-L -OlllllllO- ()_)-()_)--)_)
Hey, if you can afford a pool, I guess fifty or a hundred bucks to replace a stinky gym bag is trivial. (I'm assuming OP has a fancy one, not one of those 20-buck wally world specials, that easily fits in a washer.)
But I mainly just wanted to say that your ascii jeep signatures are getting downright cool.
aem sends...
Thanks! O|||||||O
wrote

It wasn't a gym bag. It was a hockey bag full of goalie equipment. Let me give you a ballpark of needed replacements:
Fortunately my leg pads, chest/arm protector and pants were not in the bag.
Helmet/mask : $400 Gloves : $500 Skates : $400 Athletic Sup: $100 Knee Pads : $ 30 Neck guard : $ 50 Throat guard: $ 50 Bag : $ 75 Jerseys : $ 60 Underclothes: $ 40 Misc. : $ 20
Total $1725
Not trivial in my book. One mustn't assume that if someone owns a pool that they have money to burn. A pool is a money pit. Just spent over $800 on pool maintenance this summer.
Any how, if anyone has some other ideas to clear the smell let me know.
The skates are toast as are the knee pads, throat guard and there's no way I'm wearing that mask again.
I have washed the gloves and smaller pads but they still stink. I threw the gloves in the pool last night but they are not getting full coverage since they float. Hockey season is not that far away and I will need to get at minimum skates, helmet, jock, knee pads and jerseys and underclothes. Hopefully the gloves can be salvaged.
Thanks,
Larry
on 8/9/2007 4:16 PM GoHabsGo said the following:

Tie a rock in them.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

there are chemicals that one can get in the pet supply store to get rid of the smell, mostly citrus based or contain bacteria that will eat the chemicals that cause the smell. it can take weeks to do so.
Kate get read of Cat get read of bag and your problem is solve but please stop post that crap no one needs it.
wrote

Kate get read of Cat get read of bag and your problem is solve but please stop post that crap no one needs it.
Umm... I think you replied to the wrong person Tony. Not my cat, not my crap.
--
Kate
______

So, Tony ... Don't 'read' it. It was posted as OT to help you skip over it.