OT: Cat Pee

"Kate" wrote in news:QD0ui.5823$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net:

If not, owners own damn fault. It's not a matter of pissing. All unneutered males mark. Their nature and instinct. Once neutered, they will even hold it until they can get outside vs. a litter box, gym bag, tool box, whatever.

Reply to
Al Bundy

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:jG0ui.13595$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

Got a message once. Cat (neutered) I had it for a decade and never went in an improper place. Suddenly went in a chair. I'm baffled. Day or two later same thing.

Off to the vet. Result - Cystitis (urinary problem). Resolved the medical issue. Cat went on to expire of old age with no more "improper place" events.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Al Bundy wrote in news:Xns9985E02201EEDAlBundy@

216.196.97.136:

Said feline is female, spayed, well fed and watered. Litter box is clean. This is an indoor cat. However all this doesn't really answer my initial question of how to get rid of the odor ... Any ideas on that?

Reply to
GoHabsGo

willshak wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

I might just try this. I have a pool and will boost it and throw the stuff in (minus the skates of course - I tossed these in the trash as the blades got so corroded they were beyond hope).

Reply to
GoHabsGo

FM wrote in news:46b91c1a$0$2232$c3e8da3 @news.astraweb.com:

to me it is not. Obviously you have not encountered cat piss before. I think a skunk spray might have been better.

Reply to
GoHabsGo

GoHabsGo wrote in news:Xns998662054DC87gohabsgohotpopdotcom@204.153.245.131:

Turn the bag inside out. Place it on your pillow and go to sleep.

Reply to
Me

GoHabsGo wrote in news:Xns99866308B2ABBgohabsgohotpopdotcom@204.153.245.131:

then your cat pee is in your swimming pool. YECCH. Why not fill a trash can with water and your pool chemicals?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"Jim Yanik" wrote then your cat pee is in your swimming pool. YECCH. Why not fill a trash can with water and your pool chemicals?

Reply to
Kate

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns99867015258B2jyanikkuanet@

64.209.0.84:

I have already washed the stuff with detergent and bleach so there should be very little pee left, just residual odor.

Reply to
GoHabsGo
64.209.0.84:

Hey ... no skin off my nose.. it's YOUR pool..... you can do whatever you want with it. If it were MY pool though... no freaking way. Why not just throw the stuff away and replace it.

Reply to
Kate

Hey, if you can afford a pool, I guess fifty or a hundred bucks to replace a stinky gym bag is trivial. (I'm assuming OP has a fancy one, not one of those 20-buck wally world specials, that easily fits in a washer.)

But I mainly just wanted to say that your ascii jeep signatures are getting downright cool.

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

GoHabsGo wrote in news:Xns99866308B2ABBgohabsgohotpopdotcom@204.153.245.131:

Actually I saw this kinda work GoHabsGo..."kinda".

Neighbor was tossing out a long narrow runner rug. Asked her if I could have it to use on the roof. When forced to walk on new shingles on very hot days I throw it down to keep from ruining them. She says dogs pissed on it. I say I don't care I'll leave it on the roof and let rain wash out the worst of it first.

So it's up there baking and holy crap does it stink. I decide to just toss it and use a cloth dropcloth. Windy gust comes up and off it goes into the pool. Sat there for a couple of hours. Took it out and tossed it over the fence to dry before tossing it in the can. It dries. Absolutely no stink when dry. Not even a trace.

Here's the "kinda" part...

Bring back up on roof. Few days later after sitting in the sun it's putrid again. Oh well.

Al...

Reply to
Al Bundy

I thought they did it to commit suicide by owner. If it was Ted's cat (Heaven forbid) that's what it would be doing.

Reply to
xPosTech

No, you didn't follow the "oxidize and outgas" process.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Richard J Kinch wrote in news:Xns998734E3EF4ADsomeconundrum@216.196.97.131:

I follow that process daily! 8-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"aemeijers" wrote ______ /l ,[____], l-L -OlllllllO- ()_)-()_)--)_)

Hey, if you can afford a pool, I guess fifty or a hundred bucks to replace a stinky gym bag is trivial. (I'm assuming OP has a fancy one, not one of those 20-buck wally world specials, that easily fits in a washer.)

But I mainly just wanted to say that your ascii jeep signatures are getting downright cool.

aem sends...

Thanks! O|||||||O

Reply to
Kate

"Kate" wrote in news:0CJui.1432$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews7.bellsouth.net:

It wasn't a gym bag. It was a hockey bag full of goalie equipment. Let me give you a ballpark of needed replacements:

Fortunately my leg pads, chest/arm protector and pants were not in the bag.

Helmet/mask : $400 Gloves : $500 Skates : $400 Athletic Sup: $100 Knee Pads : $ 30 Neck guard : $ 50 Throat guard: $ 50 Bag : $ 75 Jerseys : $ 60 Underclothes: $ 40 Misc. : $ 20

Total $1725

Not trivial in my book. One mustn't assume that if someone owns a pool that they have money to burn. A pool is a money pit. Just spent over $800 on pool maintenance this summer.

Any how, if anyone has some other ideas to clear the smell let me know.

The skates are toast as are the knee pads, throat guard and there's no way I'm wearing that mask again.

I have washed the gloves and smaller pads but they still stink. I threw the gloves in the pool last night but they are not getting full coverage since they float. Hockey season is not that far away and I will need to get at minimum skates, helmet, jock, knee pads and jerseys and underclothes. Hopefully the gloves can be salvaged.

Thanks,

Larry

Reply to
GoHabsGo

on 8/9/2007 4:16 PM GoHabsGo said the following:

Tie a rock in them.

Reply to
willshak

there are chemicals that one can get in the pet supply store to get rid of the smell, mostly citrus based or contain bacteria that will eat the chemicals that cause the smell. it can take weeks to do so.

Reply to
charlie

On the contrary, whenever we've had a cat pee in an inappropriate place, the cat was trying to tell us it had a physical problem, and in nearly every case the vet found a bladder infection complete with high white cell count, bacteria in the urine and all.

The exception was Rocky, who we discovered was trying very hard to get attention from one of the two of us for a while before giving up and leaving us a "present". Once we figured out the solution was five seconds of attention, we never found another piddle puddle.

Reply to
clifto