OT: buying used pick up

Page 2 of 2

How does anyone know if there are proper emmission controls on it? Something doesn't sit right with this.

No. "Something" does not describe this situation. Many many things do not sit right with this.
Steve
There are notices posted on Craigslist, where I am. They have been plagued by all kinds and sorts of scammers. Me, I would never send money like that. I suggest you do not, etiher.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Bonnie wrote:

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then stay away from it.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
on 4/15/2008 6:35 PM Jeff Wisnia said the following:

What if you are buying a duck? :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
"willshak" wrote in message

Just make sure it's all it's "quacked" up to be.
willshak wrote:

From Joe E. Brown maybe?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Bonnie wrote:

if it sounds too good to be true........
It smells like a scam to me in spades, ask to go look at it and test drive, if you get a song and dance about why you can't then run the other way
http://groups.google.ca/group/hfx.general/browse_frm/thread/5b9c1c4ccc25d481/c0172b36e6eb7e63?hl=en&lnk=st&q=worldpay+scams#c0172b36e6eb7e63
See if the above link sounds familiar
PV
Bonnie,
WorldPay, a part of The Royal Bank of Scotland, does not do vehicle transactions and certainly won't get involved in shipping this truck across State lines. This is a scam.
Dave M.

Kelly Blue Book value for an '01 Tacoma has to be _at_least_ double that price, unless it has something really badly wrong with it. Check it out yourself at kbb.com .

Asking price is less than half of what the vehicle is actually worth, assuming that everything you're told about its condition is the truth.
Seller wants you to send the money by wire transfer before you ever see the truck... which is in another state.

You mean it _doesn't_ sound like a scam to you?? It sure as hell does to me.
--
Regards,
Thanks again guys.We won't be pursuing this "deal".

I think you made the "right" choice. Look around and buy one you can see and touch and inspect the paperwork.
Steve
Bonnie wrote:

Sounds like a recent iteration of a well-documented scam. See the following page entitled "Craigslist scams":
http://asdfhj.com/craigslist-scams/84