OT: Billy Mays' Autopsy

Page 3 of 4

OK So I'll ask. Who or what is Bill. -- Tom Horne
Add pictures here
βœ–

Bill, aka Bill W., aka Bill Wilson, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Add pictures here
βœ–

This scenario is a small minority of fatal motor vehicle crashes on USA public highways and streets.
The drug-specific fatal and otherwise serious vehicle crashes on USA "public highways" (including every city and suburban street regulated by the "Vehicle Code" of any of USA's 50 "States") appears to me to usualy be:
Relevant highly at least in part, rather often entirely to at least one drug that is *legal* in USA and all 50 of its "States": Often, one "legal drug" contributing to public highway vehicle crashes is one where USA enected a constitutional amendment against - so unsuccessfully as to have that drug's mostlyΊn be repealed by a sool-following "Constitutional Amendment".
βœ–
And "news"casting being what it is today, and the age of instant information, the drug related crashes (like the one in NY recently IIRC) are man bites dog stories that are the fodder of our nightly "news".
One night on the local news, there was a clean up crew. A street department employee was working. Along came a drunk alien and pinched him between his car bumper and the bumper of the parked two ton service truck at 40 mph. Instant double amputation. News film of two men in white suits, smeared in blood, using a shovel and towels to clean up the scene. I don't know about you, but a well written short description would have conjured up just as good of a mental picture as seeing the real thing. But NO, they had to show it on the "news". You know, evening news .......... at dinner time.
........... strains of Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry" in the background ...................
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–

You're stuipd!!!! A parent killed all those kids and 3 people in the other car. oh, it was probably your Boozing dinnertime.
Add pictures here
βœ–

God, I hope the camera crew were able to get in there and get real close ups. Maybe some good footage through the curtains in the ER. And don't forget the funeral home, and graveside services. Man, that's REAL "news"!
Talk about stupid.
Heeeere's yer sign.
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–

Here's a sign!
http://calvarycrossroads.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/stupid_signs.jpg
Add pictures here
βœ–
SteveB wrote: (snip)

widow, there must have been an occasion when the widow or her relatives simply said 'you asshole', and decked the reporter and the cameraman. How come we never see that video?
-- aem sends...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Crap, video? They could do an hour a night, and not have the same show on for a month.
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–

no wonder he was so hyper
Add pictures here
βœ–

no wonder he was so hyper
Yeah.
Well, so whatever.
I'm kinda 'hyped up' on beer right now, so what?
Not condoning use of illicict durgs or anything, but none of us are pefect are we?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Ouch, thats gonna hurt sales of the items he's still shilling.
Add pictures here
βœ–

What a shame. He had a nice family and had the world by the balls with fame and fortune and turns out to be a druggie.
I guess there is something to be said for those of us with more pedestrian lives.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I noticed that some of the commercials had come back on after his death. This should end that.
--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

entertainment industry, they may have trouble finding a non-doper pitchman.
-- aem sends...
Add pictures here
βœ–

I think, generally, all they ask for in the entertainment industry is one who hasn't yet been caught, or if they have been caught, done their time in rehab and thus deserving of a "second chance".
--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.
βœ–
4ax.com:

He should have stayed within the family he pitched - Oxycodone.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri 07 Aug 2009 04:33:40p, Oren told us...

I'm sorry when anyone dies, but it seemed pretty obvious that Billy Mays' hyperactivity was something above normal. It's not much of a surprise that he may have been using drugs, prescription or otherwise.
--
Wayne Boatwright
βœ–

He also could have been merely manic.
--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.
βœ–
anyone dies, but it seemed pretty obvious that Billy Mays'

Except, of course, those in the NG who claim never to have done such a thing. Or any other thing. And only make comments about those of us human sinners who have. Billy was a hoot, as were lots of his predecessors and cohorts who are no longer with us. With the exception of a few who really hurt others or involved children, they lived their life on choices, and I have no bad feelings. Hell, I got family and relatives that are the same way. Yes, sad when anyone dies, condolences to his family. He had kids and a wife. And I don't have really bad feelings about the real rotten apples. Mostly just a sense of sadness to think they had it all and it wasn't enough.
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–