OT: Billy Mays' Autopsy

TAMPA, Fla. ? An autopsy report shows that cocaine use contributed to the heart disease that suddenly killed TV pitchman Billy Mays in June, officials announced Friday.

Oren

I saw he was getting thinner, the crack head Mays. Now I hope they stop using showing those annoying infomertials, he probably couldnt sell anything without being coked up.

Reply to
ransley

no wonder he was so hyper

Reply to
gnu / linux

Ouch, thats gonna hurt sales of the items he's still shilling.

Reply to
windcrest

What a shame. He had a nice family and had the world by the balls with fame and fortune and turns out to be a druggie.

I guess there is something to be said for those of us with more pedestrian lives.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Oren wrote in news:eaep75t5scpf316erf7sjl9gauqtrrdip7@

4ax.com:

He should have stayed within the family he pitched - Oxycodone.

Reply to
Red Green

He was scheduled for a hip replacement for the next day when he died.

If he had the surgery he might have died on the operating table. Pain can cause people to use drugs to try and cope. You ought to know by now that anyone is capable of using drugs, for any number of reasons, even high profile celebrities.

Something to look forward to, with cocaine restricting arteries, think how many low life criminals and street people could fall over dead at any time.

Reply to
Mysterious Traveler

I noticed that some of the commercials had come back on after his death. This should end that.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

"Mysterious Traveler" wrote

Some shows about this show the arrest pictures for a suspect over a span of a few years. They age 25 years in 5. None of them die from old age.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

We can only hope. Although recreational coke is so endemic in the entertainment industry, they may have trouble finding a non-doper pitchman.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

I think, generally, all they ask for in the entertainment industry is one who hasn't yet been caught, or if they have been caught, done their time in rehab and thus deserving of a "second chance".

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

If the only reason they are criminals is because they use illicit drugs, then why do they deserve to die in your opinion?

And the "street people", you want them all dead too?

Drug & alcohol abuse is a medical DISEASE, not a sign of low morality.

Everyone, and I mean -everyone- of you reading this knows someone personally affected by chemical dependence. I guess according to your theory, they should all just die because that would make YOU feel better?

That's why we (in the USA) have the highest percentage of our populace in prison. Idiots like you who think chemical dependence is a crime, rather than a very serious medical problem.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I disagree. It is medical PROBLEM after they are hooked but not a disease.

What? Do you think they just wake up one morning thinking, "Dang, I need some coke." Other than prescibed medicine, they at some time made a decision to try drugs. And became hooked.

I do agree that whatever you want to snort or ingest should be your business and no one else's. The penalty for supplying drugs to anyone under 21 should be death.

Reply to
aasberry

It's not open for debate, the doctors and some government agencies already subscribe to the idea. That's why in more progressive localities they have "drug court", and various other prevention and treatment programs. Only a small percentage of druggies/alkies resort to crime to get their "fix".

Google "American Society of Addiction Medicine" and read some of the research.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Ask yourself one question: Would you like to have some wacked out druggy in his car traveling toward your family and then suddenly cross the center line. The resulting crash kills your entire family and the druggy walks away. Would you have the same opinion of these criminals then?

Gordon Shumway

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Ask yourself, what is the difference between being wacked out on a street drug or any of the readily available legal ones. The only person I know who was really hooked on cocaine was cured when a Dr Feelgood decided he was ADD. Now he gets his fix with 30mg of BiPhetamines every day. He is wired up tighter than a 100 year old champagne cork all the time and his prescription plan pays for it. Don't even get me started on the pain pill abusers (AKA fiberneuralgia, bad back or any other thing that gets you a scrip). I wouldn't even want to share the road with a Nyquil freak.

Reply to
gfretwell

I feel the same way about the legal drugs too but the discussion was about cocaine. Anyone driving under the influence is piloting a potentially lethal weapon. If those criminals vanished from the face of the earth tomorrow it wouldn't break my heart.

Gordon Shumway

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It recently happened on NY highway. Mom driving drunk crashed head on.

8 people dead.
Reply to
RobertPatrick

Just to make a point. It cost millions to execute a man. The OK City bomber was cheaper. He appealed and was dispatched. First federal case in many years. Feds has a perfect place and honored his wishes.

Death Row guys can sit for years, maybe 17-25?

Reply to
Oren

Of course not. Driving while intoxicated is endangering others. Stealing from others for drug money is wrong too. Both are jailable offences.

The person I responded to acts as if all alcoholics/addicts should be "dead", just because they have that malady.

Reply to
G. Morgan