OT: any good routers on the market?

That is pretty much SOP at the hotels I stay at- the 'business center' and guest floors are barely secured, and the corporate AP for the staff is locked down hard, if it is broadcasting at all.

Reply to
aemeijers
[snip]

Then what happens when nothing is connected to the WAN port? The ROUTER can't be used that way. What about the AP?

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Hi, It becomes switch then

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Like I said - some routers can be used as an AP - nothing on the wan port. Some cannot. If set up as a router, not an AP, they will not function without the WAN connected. To use as an AP the router portion is dissabled in the setup.

Reply to
clare

It becomes a wireless access point if it is able to be set up to be one

Reply to
clare