OT: any good routers on the market?

Page 4 of 4
On 01/24/2011 09:59 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

yes latest firmware, no on dd-wrt, I don't think the plain olf WNR-3500 does it, it's some newer fancier version that does. After two bad Netgears in three years though I am not well disposed toward them, hence my post.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I've got 3 NetGears serving up to 26 computers each. Feeding into Cisco Giga Switches (2X24)
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:
[snip]

When I had intermittent dropouts, it was the cable modem.
Unexpectedly, when I called the ISP customer service I got someone who knew what "75% packet loss" meant.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

I doubt it is a "windows bug" because virtually every time I've run across the problem (and it is quite common) any computer connected to the network would loose the connection - and trying to connect with a wireless device , same problem. Generally the IP Switch part is still working fine - you can network between computers and printers etc without problems - but no internet connection.
Bad router, almost guaranteed.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 24, 9:52 pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

switch in this one is fine, and connection to the interwebs is fine. if I sit at desk and plug in it works fine. If I sit elsewhere in the house and connect wirelessly I maintain connection to router but lose internet, have to disconnect and reconnect. I'm 99% sure that it is the router b/c I have seen this on several devices (have Wii connected wirelessly for netflix, also other laptops running Windows not Linux)
nate
Add pictures here
✖